Discussion - Plexdrive crash when restarting a docker | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Plexdrive crash when restarting a docker

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

astroshare

Experienced+
Original poster
Apr 9, 2018
I'm using Encrypted Plexdrive 4. I recently moved my setup to a local server running ubuntu 16 with PG 5.092 and ever since, whenever I restart a docker, or add a new one, my plexdrive crashes and the only way to get it back is to redeploy it which requires a reboot of the box, and then also redeploy rclone.
I never had this problem on the previous version I used (5.082 i believe)

When I go to see the status of the services this is what each one returns:

Code:
● rclone-en.service
   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
   Active: inactive (dead) since Fri 2018-06-22 19:50:15 CDT; 1min 6s ago
 Main PID: 3588 (code=killed, signal=TERM)
   CGroup: /system.slice/rclone-en.service
           └─3610 rclone --uid=1000 --gid=1000 --allow-non-empty --allow-other mount crypt: /mnt/encrypt --bwlimit 8650k --size-only

Jun 22 19:50:15 unknownbox systemd[1]: Stopping RClone Daemon...
Jun 22 19:50:15 unknownbox systemd[1]: Stopped RClone Daemon.
Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

*** View the Log ***

Press any key to continue

● rclone-encrypt.service
   Active: inactive (dead)

Jun 22 19:50:14 unknownbox systemd[1]: Stopping RClone Daemon...
Jun 22 19:50:14 unknownbox systemd[1]: Stopped RClone Daemon.

*** View the Log ***

● unionfs-encrypt.service
   Active: inactive (dead) since Fri 2018-06-22 19:50:13 CDT; 2min 2s ago
 Main PID: 4692 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   CGroup: /system.slice/unionfs-encrypt.service
           └─4698 /usr/bin/unionfs -o cow,allow_other,nonempty /mnt/move=RW:/mnt/encrypt=RO /mnt/unionfs

Jun 22 19:50:13 unknownbox systemd[1]: Stopping UnionFS Daemon...
Jun 22 19:50:13 unknownbox systemd[1]: Stopped UnionFS Daemon.
Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

*** View the Log ***

If I try to restart any of the services I get this:

Code:
restarting service: 

Failed to restart rclone-en.service: Unit rclone-en.service not found.

I've tried using PD5 but that's even more unstable.
Is there any way to fix this problem I'm having?

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
PD5 has not been changed since 5.080 (basically no modifications were made). Its saying your service is not found, so just redeploy it.

astroshare

Experienced+
Original poster
Apr 9, 2018
Well, something else then is making it crash. I just setup a VM on hetzner with pretty nothing on it. Setup PG 5.097 with PD5 and rclone encrypted. As soon as I add a new app, PD crashes. This is very easy to replicate. I would at least try it on your end before dismissing the problem. And this happens with both PD4 and PD5. I only have cloudcmd, portainer and netdata on this VM.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I'm just telling you because normally many people mod the script; don't mention it and have us chasing circles. will keep it in the tracking list; will look out for more reports :D

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Well, something else then is making it crash. I just setup a VM on hetzner with pretty nothing on it. Setup PG 5.097 with PD5 and rclone encrypted. As soon as I add a new app, PD crashes. This is very easy to replicate. I would at least try it on your end before dismissing the problem. And this happens with both PD4 and PD5. I only have cloudcmd, portainer and netdata on this VM.
Try a Downgrade and see what you get? The only thing is that usually when upgrading or downgrade it doesn’t affect PD. Normally a user has to relaunch the service for it to happen as a note.

astroshare

Experienced+
Original poster
Apr 9, 2018
I' m testing PGDrive encrypted now. Will let you know if it works ok

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
@astroshare is the encrypted side working for you? do a reboot and see if it sticks around. there was a minor issue 2 people reported.

astroshare

Experienced+
Original poster
Apr 9, 2018
Yup, you're right. UnionFS is dead. Had to redeploy PGDrive and Move. This is on 5.098 Beta3

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Also noticed the first welcome screen of PG shows that the certificate is not valid for traefik but I got no certificate errors/warnings on any of the sites.

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Ya going to rewrite, there is an issue with reboots that Deiteq is trying to track down. Unencrypted side is good.

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
Hey there!:)
Thanks for the info...will do some tests today to replicate your issue and find the bug!
I'll let you know as soon as I suss it out!;)

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
Ok so I think I've solve it, the encrypted folder would try to load before plexdrive was ready, put in a requirement that it needs to wait, plus added some script to the rclone install to make sure unionfs-fuse is install as for some strange reason it wasn't installed on my vm's?!:unsure:
So far on ub16 everything is working, going to test it again on ub18 now to be sure!;)

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
So I've done some more tests went from PD5 to PD4 to PGDrive-encrypt and back to PD4 and everything seems to be working.

Give it another go and let us know how you get on!;)

Oh and I too had an issue using PD5 on my vm but it was because I only have 2gb of ram for it!:geek:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending