Plexguide install issue | PlexGuide.com

Plexguide install issue

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

well7707

Citizen+
Original poster
Jan 31, 2019
HI guys

I am trying to install plexguide on my bytesized hosted server thru ssh with no luck. I do not have SU but do have root access, How can i get this installed. thank you

E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13: Permission d enied)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), are y ou root?
Error: must run as root
Reading package lists... Done
W: chmod 0700 of directory /var/lib/apt/lists/partial failed - SetupAPTPartialDi rectory (1: Operation not permitted)
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13: Permission denie d)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Pe rmission denied)
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
? INSTALLING: PlexGuide Notice
By Installing PlexGuide, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions
of the GNUv3 Project License! Please Standby...

E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13: Permission d enied)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), are y ou root?
fatal: could not create work tree dir '/opt/pgstage': Permission denied
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/var/plexguide’: Permission denied
./installv8.sh: line 45: /var/plexguide/pg.pythonstart: No such file or director y
touch: cannot touch '/var/plexguide/pg.pythonstart.stored': No such file or dire ctory
cat: /var/plexguide/pg.pythonstart: No such file or directory
cat: /var/plexguide/pg.pythonstart.stored: No such file or directory
./installv8.sh: line 53: /var/plexguide/pg.pythonstart.stored: No such file or d irectory
./installv8.sh: line 55: ansible-playbook: command not found
cp: cannot stat '/opt/plexguide/menu/alias/templates/plexguide': No such file or directory

⌛ Verifiying PlexGuide Installed @ /bin/plexguide - Please Standby!

⛔ WARNING! Installed Failed! PlexGuide Command Missing!
Please Reinstall PlexGuide by running the Command Again! We are doing
this to ensure that your installation continues to work!

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
so your running into an issue where you installed something and then stopped and then tried agian. what gave it away was that dpkg error that you have posted. you need to reboot your server (it's a general linux error your running into). Also you need root or sudo permissions.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
i am wanting to install plexguide on the box but when i tried following the install guide it wont let me pass the first step without this error, please help thank you
it's because of what i mentioned above. you need to reboot your box and try again. you need to either be a sudo or root user.

M

MrDoob

Bytesized. Dont have root

Only user access .

""". I do not have SU but do """
Bytesized are a seedbox reseller

M

MrDoob

You cant install this on a seedbox .

You need FULL root access
Bytesized give only terminal ssh ( custom user rights )
Busybox access .

You dont cant install any other Programms.
Only Programms form the webpanel

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending