Discussion PlexGuide installing on private IP, not public?

djzidon

Respected Member
Original poster
Local time
1:17 AM
Jul 7, 2018
Mount Type
Move Unencrypted
Server Type
Remote - VPS
I got something really weird going on.

Got a second box today just to test things out from Wishosting.

I installed PG was able to successfully restore from the vault and deploy, but when visiting the URL (ipaddress:6789), it just hangs and never renders. It appears that each app is deploying to my private IP, rather than my public.

I did have trouble running apt-get updates due to etc/hostname and etc/hostsnot matching, and then temporary failures resolving archive.ubuntu.com as well, but I was able to get past all of that and finally install PG. Perhaps there is a setting within PG (or on my box) that I can change to resolve this? I'd really like to take advantage of some of the extra HD space this new VPS will provide.

djzidon

Respected Member
Original poster
Local time
1:17 AM
Jul 7, 2018
This resolved completely by reimaging my box to 16.04 rather than 18.04. I believe the provider has a crappy distro for 18.04 that has a bad DNS setup

Reactions: DueDev

mquan164

Local time
2:17 PM
Aug 4, 2019
I purchased a NUC and set up plexguide on it, the reason being is that there was no way I could stream 4k movies from Hetzner to Australasia, and I found that even smaller REMUX movies buffered intermittently.

I set it up as a home server, and all the devices in the house play from that including having a local share network for browing the GDrive/TDrive. Made such an improvement.

But on the NUC I used ubunutu, so I can't comment on the RaspberryPI.

Reactions: Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
2:17 AM
Jan 17, 2018
I purchased a NUC and set up plexguide on it, the reason being is that there was no way I could stream 4k movies from Hetzner to Australasia, and I found that even smaller REMUX movies buffered intermittently.

I set it up as a home server, and all the devices in the house play from that including having a local share network for browing the GDrive/TDrive. Made such an improvement.

But on the NUC I used ubunutu, so I can't comment on the RaspberryPI.
Good to know. Ya 4k... u need a great connection and system.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.