Portainer - Portainer not functioning | PlexGuide.com

Portainer Portainer not functioning

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

atticusghost

Citizen+
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
I have a brand new PlexGuide Instance and everything but Portainer works. The external subdomain does not work at all however I can browse to the IP and get as far as the create admin wizard, but even that fails. Anything in particular I can look at?

atticusghost

Citizen+
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
So I switched to Debian 9 as I was having significant issues with Ubuntu (all of my other issues are fixed). But Portainer doesnt seem to be working still. I got as far as setting the new admin password but now I get a "Failure to find an endpoing within the database"

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
Have you tried removing /opt/appdata/portainer

atticusghost

Citizen+
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
I mean. I can try. But this is a brand new install on Debian. Separate from the brand new install that the original post last night was based off of.

Can i just delete the portainer container, then remove the folder and re-install?

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
If portainer was installed in a clean dir there is no point trying to delete it. There is maybe another thing you can try. When typing in the portainer address are you sure that autocomplete does not add additional path information in the address? I mean there should be a wizard at first connection but if you type in the wrong address, this Wizard won't fire up.

atticusghost

Citizen+
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
Got through the wizard finally using the local port and all of a sudden everything started functioning. It took a few restarts of the server however for me to get that far.

AMMJ93

Active
Donor
Jan 7, 2019
Kinda weird to have so many problems in Ubuntu (like your previous topic). Have you tried setting up PG in a GCE or Hetzner server? If you manage to get that up and running its definitely your setup.

Reactions: 1 user

Sn0wed

Experienced
Staff
Nov 3, 2018
I have a brand new PlexGuide Instance and everything but Portainer works. The external subdomain does not work at all however I can browse to the IP and get as far as the create admin wizard, but even that fails. Anything in particular I can look at?
What version of Ubuntu were you using?

atticusghost

Citizen+
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
I tried both 16.04 LTS and 18.04 LTS.

18.04 LTS did not keep the configuration and docker containers would disappear upon restart

16.04 LTS would error out when attempting to setup UnionFS. module' object has no attribute 'SSL_ST_INIT

Both of these VM's were brand new base installs of Ubuntu with only SSH and NFS added to allow for remote login and connectivity to my Nas in Multi Drive mode.

My Server is a Dell R710 Running VMware 6.7. I dont really need to host in the cloud because I have so much power locally.

Debian 9 has been the most stable so far with everything now working as it used to in this configuration. (I ran version 6 in this configuration for a couple of months without issue)

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending