Portainer - portainer username/password | PlexGuide.com

Portainer portainer username/password

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

something

Experienced+
Original poster
Feb 15, 2018
I never used the portainer after I installed the 8.6.3 GCE. What is the default login credentials for the portainer? How do I set up my own credentials?

Thanks!

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I never used the portainer after I installed the 8.6.3 GCE. What is the default login credentials for the portainer? How do I set up my own credentials?

Thanks!
there is no default username and password. when you start the page, it ask you to generate them. this will give you some info if you need to reset it.

something

Experienced+
Original poster
Feb 15, 2018
That's weird than. It is asking for a login and password. And when I enter my intended credentials, it shows login failed. Should I install the portainer again or is there any way to change the login/password?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
refresh it and then read the wiki to clear anything... unless you forgot to setup and some bot it up for you :D which is bad.

something

Experienced+
Original poster
Feb 15, 2018
I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Works well now. I managed to set up the password.

Reactions: 1 user

gecha

Citizen
Jan 14, 2019
Hi, new user here in the midst of setup. I wanted to follow up on this discussion with a question: is it really worth the risk exposing an admin interface such as Portainer on a subdomain in this manner? I have not yet setup PG Shield or any other kind of auth, and tried removing the portainer entry on Cloudflare, but the plexguide executable seems to notice immediately and gives me a warning until I restore the entry. Thank you.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending