Plex - PSA: Plex.tv is currenly experiencing authentication Issues | PlexGuide.com

Plex PSA: Plex.tv is currenly experiencing authentication Issues

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

captains1stm8

Citizen+
Original poster
Dec 11, 2018
I started noticing some weird behavior in Plex about 2hrs ago and did some basic troubleshooting. Movies started loading very slowly and then I noticed that I no longer had the options for manage users. When I'd choose to switch user, all ~8 users, aside from my admin user were missing.

Per https://status.plex.tv/ they are experiencing issues with their authentication and API servers.

Reactions: 2 users

rcarteraz

Veteran
Donor
Nov 14, 2018
Yeah, I was wondering if it was just me but I started see it elsewhere. No profiles, can't access anything. My server is remote through hetzner with cdn through cloudflare.

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
thanks for the heads up

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Happens more often than you’d like to think, this is the danger of using a 3rd party to allow you to access your media.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Oh god, I remember what was it @Datamonkeh like a year ago, they released a bad version of plex and all new cover arts stopped working and took like two weeks to get fixed and it was only on plex pass.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
IIRC that was the point I jumped back to stable rather than beta.

Years ago I used to help someone out with server administration who seemingly had a very large 'family' and lots and lots of 'friends', it was the strangest thing, he kept on finding/making friends daily. At one point this ended up with me sat in my lounge with 5-6 different screens and 6 different clients, trying to work out why media that played back perfectly for me on all 6 clients was dropping audio for others with the same content. It was only when I had realised that I could replicate the issue on a Panasonic screen, but LG etc. worked perfectly I started to look at why, it turned out Roku clients had been updated to pass audio through and only certain OEM's screens/generations of screens had licensed the appropriate codecs. The only solution I could come up with at the time was either to re-mux the audio stream into something that wouldn't be passed through, or would trigger a remux automatically on everything (not my server, not my users), enable developer mode and side-load a modified Plex client till Plex sorted its crap or re-download all affected content. Thankfully Plex fixed it about 2 weeks later, but i've always said no to help requests since.

PonsterManda

Experienced
Staff
Apr 26, 2019
IIRC that was the point I jumped back to stable rather than beta.

Years ago I used to help someone out with server administration who seemingly had a very large 'family' and lots and lots of 'friends', it was the strangest thing, he kept on finding/making friends daily. At one point this ended up with me sat in my lounge with 5-6 different screens and 6 different clients, trying to work out why media that played back perfectly for me on all 6 clients was dropping audio for others with the same content. It was only when I had realised that I could replicate the issue on a Panasonic screen, but LG etc. worked perfectly I started to look at why, it turned out Roku clients had been updated to pass audio through and only certain OEM's screens/generations of screens had licensed the appropriate codecs. The only solution I could come up with at the time was either to re-mux the audio stream into something that wouldn't be passed through, or would trigger a remux automatically on everything (not my server, not my users), enable developer mode and side-load a modified Plex client till Plex sorted its crap or re-download all affected content. Thankfully Plex fixed it about 2 weeks later, but i've always said no to help requests since.
Wow wth, sounds like a pretty nice experience NOT

• Haha

rcarteraz

Veteran
Donor
Nov 14, 2018
Anyone experience poor server performance since the issues was resolved yesterday? I’ve tried the usually troubleshooting steps and for the most part it’s running fine but I’m getting a lot of buffering that I normally don’t.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending