qBittorrent - qBittorrent not deleting files from disk on "auto remove after xx seed time" | PlexGuide.com

qBittorrent qBittorrent not deleting files from disk on "auto remove after xx seed time"

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

mikey

Citizen+
Original poster
Jun 2, 2019
Ive set the option in the webui to auto remove torrents after 60 minutes of seed time, this works cool, torrents are removed from the list, but the files are still on the drive in mnt/downloads/qbittorrent

Is there any way I can force qBittorrent to also remove files? that would be great....

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
it doesn't know when it's complete, but you can change the cleanup time in options.

T

TheShadow

Ive set the option in the webui to auto remove torrents after 60 minutes of seed time, this works cool, torrents are removed from the list, but the files are still on the drive in mnt/downloads/qbittorrent

Is there any way I can force qBittorrent to also remove files? that would be great....
Just go back to the qbit settings and choose remove and delete data in the drop-down next to the option.

mikey

Citizen+
Original poster
Jun 2, 2019
Just go back to the qbit settings and choose remove and delete data in the drop-down next to the option.
There is no such option, like remove and delete, only pause, OR remove (without delete, which doesnt remove files phisically) :(

mikey

Citizen+
Original poster
Jun 2, 2019
Guys... im trying to tell you that there is NO such option in the drop down! lol :)

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Xployt

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Sep 26, 2018
Have you looked at "Run external program on torrent completion "

UncleBuck

Elite
Staff
Dec 21, 2018
I am running into the exact same issue. I am trying to keep really good ratio on IPTorrents so I leave mine seeding for 12 hours with the remove options set. The issue is only happening with files that need to be unzipped. Here is what's happening

-qBittorent downloads a torrent that has a zipped movie
-At the end of the download qBittorrent unzips the video file into the same directory within /mnt/downloads/qbittorrent/(Show Title)
-Sonarr successfully copies the file unzipped to /mnt/move folder but leaves a copy behind in /mnt/downlaods/qbittorrent/(Show Title)
-At the end of the seeding time qBittorrent removes the torrent from its list and deletes the original files but leaves the unzipped file.
-In the qBittorrent logs there is an error that it can't delete the folder because it is not empty
-This file now becomes orphaned and needs to be removed manually

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
In the PGX rebuild, there will be better control on this.

Feb 6, 2020
I'm still testing but I've found that after qBittorrent finishes downloads, Sonarr and Radarr will delete the torrent entry in qBittorrent, torrent's rar files and extracted files.

qBittorrent settings which matter:
  • Via Settings->Downloads: tick "Run External program on torrent completion" with script: /usr/bin/unrar x -r "%F/." "%F/"
  • Via Settings->BitTorrent->Seeding Limits->tick "When seeding time reaches" and set to "0" minutes then "Pause torrent" (you may want to seed your torrents, but I have not tested this as I pay for freeleech)
  • Torrent must not be "force-enabled", must be set to run normally (else torrent won't pause once complete, as it'll then transition to a "forced-seed" after it completes)
Sonarr/Radarr settings which matter:
  • Via Settings->Media Management->Importing ensure "Use Hardlinks instead of Copy" is set to "yes"
  • Via Settings->Download Client->Completed Download Handling->"enable" and "remove" both set to "yes"
  • I found if I visited Sonarr via MuxiMux it wouldn't save some of the settings I applied in Sonarr. It's look like the settings applied, but leaving the page and returning would show that the change was not saved. Strange. So visit Sonarr/Radarr directly.
Sonarr makes the desired workflow clear in their documentation (updated in Feb '20) here
If the "Completed Download Handling - Remove" option is enabled in Sonarr's settings, Sonarr will delete the original file and torrent from your client, but only if the client reports that seeding is complete and torrent is stopped.
So, qBittorrent needs to report to Sonarr that the torrent is completed and stopped before Sonarr will delete the torrent and files.

I've found Sonarr/Radarr's "Completed Download Handling" command will delete the extracted tv/movie files as long as it's inside the same folder as the original torrent rar files. So it's a complete clean-up of files. The torrent disappears from qBittorrent's list as well (which is what I wanted.)

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending