qBittorrent not deleting files from disk on "auto remove after xx seed time"

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

mikey

Original poster
Local time
4:00 PM
Jun 2, 2019
Ive set the option in the webui to auto remove torrents after 60 minutes of seed time, this works cool, torrents are removed from the list, but the files are still on the drive in mnt/downloads/qbittorrent

Is there any way I can force qBittorrent to also remove files? that would be great....

T

TheShadow

Ive set the option in the webui to auto remove torrents after 60 minutes of seed time, this works cool, torrents are removed from the list, but the files are still on the drive in mnt/downloads/qbittorrent

Is there any way I can force qBittorrent to also remove files? that would be great....
Just go back to the qbit settings and choose remove and delete data in the drop-down next to the option.

mikey

Original poster
Local time
Jun 2, 2019
Just go back to the qbit settings and choose remove and delete data in the drop-down next to the option.
There is no such option, like remove and delete, only pause, OR remove (without delete, which doesnt remove files phisically) :(

mikey

Original poster
Local time
Jun 2, 2019
Guys... im trying to tell you that there is NO such option in the drop down! lol :)

Attachments

Reactions: pkaa

Xployt

Administrator
Donor
Local time
3:00 PM
Sep 26, 2018
Have you looked at "Run external program on torrent completion "

UncleBuck

Staff
Local time
9:00 AM
Dec 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I am running into the exact same issue. I am trying to keep really good ratio on IPTorrents so I leave mine seeding for 12 hours with the remove options set. The issue is only happening with files that need to be unzipped. Here is what's happening

-qBittorent downloads a torrent that has a zipped movie
-At the end of the download qBittorrent unzips the video file into the same directory within /mnt/downloads/qbittorrent/(Show Title)
-Sonarr successfully copies the file unzipped to /mnt/move folder but leaves a copy behind in /mnt/downlaods/qbittorrent/(Show Title)
-At the end of the seeding time qBittorrent removes the torrent from its list and deletes the original files but leaves the unzipped file.
-In the qBittorrent logs there is an error that it can't delete the folder because it is not empty
-This file now becomes orphaned and needs to be removed manually

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.