Original poster
Staff
Local time
8:25 AM
Jan 17, 2019
Toronto, Ontario
qBittorrent (with OpenVPN, Privoxy)

[Homepage] [GitHub] [Wiki Entry]

qBittorrent-VPN has been pushed to the Community Apps Repo.

qBittorrent is a bittorrent client programmed in C++ / Qt that uses libtorrent (sometimes called libtorrent-rasterbar) by Arvid Norberg. It aims to be a good alternative to all other bittorrent clients out there. qBittorrent is fast, stable and provides unicode support as well as many features. This Docker image is using the headless configuration with the web frontend enabled, as well as OpenVPN to ensure a secure and private connection to the Internet, including use of iptables to prevent IP leakage when the tunnel is down. Privoxy is also included to allow unfiltered access to index sites, to use Privoxy please point your application at http://:8118.

toeffelhelt

Local time
2:25 PM
Mar 7, 2018
thank you for this one. I deployed it without problems. but sonarr and radarr cant connect to qbittorrent.
anybody else having this issue? port changed to 8998 no luck.

akira1984

Local time
7:25 AM
Mar 2, 2018
Anyone having the issue with this where after say 24hours you can no longer access the webui. If you restart the docker you get a gateway error. The only fix is to go into portainer and redeploy the docker and it fires back up where it left off till it happens again.

Reactions: breakinthru119

kkalfun

Local time
Apr 13, 2018
Anyone having the issue with this where after say 24hours you can no longer access the webui. If you restart the docker you get a gateway error. The only fix is to go into portainer and redeploy the docker and it fires back up where it left off till it happens again.
I've had the same exact issue. It's the VPN that's causing the gateway error. You could try another server on your VPN provider - I've tried 3 different server locations (US, France, Germany) for NordVPN and I still get the same error after a few hours. I've since disabled VPN since I'm only using private trackers.

akira1984

Local time
7:25 AM
Mar 2, 2018
I've had the same exact issue. It's the VPN that's causing the gateway error. You could try another server on your VPN provider - I've tried 3 different server locations (US, France, Germany) for NordVPN and I still get the same error after a few hours. I've since disabled VPN since I'm only using private trackers.
It's weird .. i'm running the same binhex docker on my unraid machine with the same settings and I never get drop outs.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
Jan 17, 2018

ZeroFux

Local time
Mar 19, 2019
@davedap2 How did you drop the bridge network? my qbittorrent works until I set VPN_Enabled to yes and then I can reach the webUI due to "bad gateway".

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

ZeroFux

Local time
Mar 19, 2019
@chaoszero112 Thank you for the info! I've added the label you suggested but I still get the Bad Gateway error. Do you think I should destroy traefik and redeploy for the changes to take effect? Maybe I should rename the CNAME on my DNS record from qbittorrent to "qbittorrentvpn"?

Methanoid

Respected Member
Local time
1:25 PM
Nov 9, 2018
Can someone confirm the correct download paths? Mine seems to be downloading to (in the web UI) config/qBittorrent/downloads/ which seems to mean (in the actual box) /opt/appdata/qbittorrent-vpn/qBittorrent/downloads and hence it isn't moving files or putting them in /mnt/downloads/qbittorrent-vpn like I would expect.....

mwest35

Local time
Nov 19, 2019
I have a question about uploads through the VPN: I can't seem to connect to any peers, so was curious to know if anyone knows the ports I should be forwarding on my router to allow this?

I have port guard (closed ports) and pg shield enabled. So not sure if this influences this but I tried to open port 8080 and port 8098 but neither allowed any connections when I did it and the ports still showed closed. Any help would be appreciated as I'm still learning the reverse proxy stuff and how that influences things.

Also FYI I have added the "traefik.docker.network"="bridge" above to make the web ui work and I can download just fine.

Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.