Discussion - Questions about setting up new GCE with different email address | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Questions about setting up new GCE with different email address

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

something

Experienced+
Original poster
Feb 15, 2018
Hello Folks,

I almost used up my GCE credit on my first email account. Now I will be setting up new GCE instance on a different email account with new $$ credit from google cloud. Is there any wiki/faq or tutorial for this.

1. Can I start a GCE instance from 1st GCE account (currently running pgblitz from here) on my 2nd GCE account? I know we need a running pgblitz in order to create a GCE instance.
2. If I understand correctly, I have to backup all my apps from 1st account - get the GCE running on the 2nd account - install all the apps I need (or want) - restore the data from google backup.????? Or is there any option to direct my GCE to google folder to check which apps are backed up and directly install and restore from there?
3. Does it matter if I am running 8.5.+ on 1st account and install 8.6 on the 2nd? Or do I have to stick to 8.5.+ until everything is running and then upgrade the pgblitz?

Please advise me on this. I really do not want to mess up my perfectly working setup. :p:p:p

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
U can use another email account. Don't confuse the GCE with teamdrives. Use version 8.6 also. The $300 credit can be done with another free account. Just remount everything and you'll be good to go

something

Experienced+
Original poster
Feb 15, 2018
Done. It was super easy to set up a new account. The backup/restore system worked beautifully.

• Love

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Done. It was super easy to set up a new account. The backup/restore system worked beautifully.
awesome feedback. 100's of hours of coding haha :D

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending