Quick newshosting question. | PlexGuide.com

Quick newshosting question.

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Byte02

Citizen+
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
I was going to sign up for newshosting but wanted to test it for a month at least before I paid for the year sub. So if I sign up for a monthly and get the discount, would I be able to upgrade it later, say in a few months to the year plan with still getting the $8.33 year price? I am assuming so but just wanted to make sure before I did it. Thanks for the help :)

Nerosutton

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Dec 1, 2019
I was going to sign up for newshosting but wanted to test it for a month at least before I paid for the year sub. So if I sign up for a monthly and get the discount, would I be able to upgrade it later, say in a few months to the year plan with still getting the $8.33 year price? I am assuming so but just wanted to make sure before I did it. Thanks for the help :)
I believe they have a 1-month unlimited for $9.99 and the $8.33 rate is for each month of a 1-year contract (probably billed in one payment).

Correction: I just saw this:
Lifetime $2.99 a month/$36 annually

Last edited:

Byte02

Citizen+
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
Yeah, I understand they are different prices but what I was wondering if I sign up now for the $9.99/month plan to test it and then say in 3 months I want to get the 1 year plan. Would I be able to upgrade then for the $99.96 ($8.33x12) deal? Since it said it is a lifetime deal for signing up from PG link was not sure if you are locked in at that choice to keep the price. I hope I explained that better, it makes sense in my head. LoL

Nerosutton

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Dec 1, 2019
Yeah, I understand they are different prices but what I was wondering if I sign up now for the $9.99/month plan to test it and then say in 3 months I want to get the 1 year plan. Would I be able to upgrade then for the $99.96 ($8.33x12) deal? Since it said it is a lifetime deal for signing up from PG link was not sure if you are locked in at that choice to keep the price. I hope I explained that better, it makes sense in my head. LoL
I would say that you could buy a 1-month only (double check during the payment process) and then buy an annual or lifetime account for a lower price. If I were you, I'd check out the link in my post above because it's A LOT cheaper than the $100/yr price.
Post automatically merged:

On a personal note, I use 7 different providers and I'd rank Newshosting as #1.
Usenet.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Byte02

Citizen+
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
Well thanks for the $36 deal not bad to even just test. LoL
Also thanks for the information about them, I been wondering who to pick up as well as indexers. So I will go with NewHosting for now and add more after I get some more indexers. Right now I just have nzbplanet but hope to add drunkenslug to that and not sure who else. Any recommendations for older content? Feel free to PM me.

DimmosGeeknd

Citizen
Donor
Jun 2, 2020
i have a great recurring renewal with eweka, if i didnt i would try newshosting, easynews is ok on windows but really bad in kodi/android.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
On a personal note, I use 7 different providers and I'd rank Newshosting as #1.
View attachment 4246
You tend to find providers often provide different back end server farms, for example usernetserver, usernetexpress and newsleecher all have us and eu options, sometimes you'll find things one one that aren't on the other, so adding both can improve completion rate, it's likely similar for the others you have.

thefireman

Experienced
May 3, 2020
You tend to find providers often provide different back end server farms, for example usernetserver, usernetexpress and newsleecher all have us and eu options, sometimes you'll find things one one that aren't on the other, so adding both can improve completion rate, it's likely similar for the others you have.
I second this. It's best practice to check which backbone the provider you want to sign up for uses. It makes no sense to have 2 providers that have the same backbone. ;)

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
I second this. It's best practice to check which backbone the provider you want to sign up for uses. It makes no sense to have 2 providers that have the same backbone. ;)
While that’s mostly true, even different providers using the same backbone can have different results.

thefireman

Experienced
May 3, 2020
While that’s mostly true, even different providers using the same backbone can have different results.
I guess you are referring to a scenario where for example a backbone has servers in the US and in Europe. Provider A has access only to the US servers and provider B to the Europe servers. So both have the same backbone but are indeed using different servers. Different servers -> different parts available.
Or another scenario could be that provider A has only paid the backbone for 1.000 days of retention, while provider B has paid the backbone for 2.500 days of retention.
Are those the scenarios that you had in mind, or is it another scenario?

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Not exactly, let's use Demon and Eweka as an example, in theory they share the same backbone, so if i've set Demon (capable of saturating gigabit) as my highest priority on eu, nl and us followed by Eweka (300Mbit max) at a lower priority, in theory I will never end up pulling anything from Eweka, especially as Eweka's retention is slightly lower than Demon. Lets just say my stats say otherwise.

thefireman

Experienced
May 3, 2020
Demon and Eweka do NOT use the same backbone... Demon uses the UNS Holdings / HW Media backbone which follows DMCA. Eweka has its own backbone and follows NTD. Both companies (HW Media and Eweka) are owned by Omicron Media, but have different backbones.

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending