Radarr - Radarr 4k - replacing 1080p files (sometimes!) | PlexGuide.com

Radarr Radarr 4k - replacing 1080p files (sometimes!)

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

timmeh

Experienced+
Original poster
Feb 14, 2019
Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my radarr 4k instance. It is sometimes replacing my existing 1080p files which radarr has populated.
The path to the 1080p radarr files: /mnt/unionfs/movies/
and 4k are in: /mnt/unionfs/4k/movies/

My remote path mapping for both are:
nzbget
/mnt/downloads/nzbget/
/mnt/unionfs/nzbget/

I can't see how this could possibly be happening because /mnt/unionfs/movies/ is not a remote path that I've even tested with the radarr 4k instance so I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on why it is placing 4k downloads in there which are replacing the existing 1080p versions. Like I say, not every time, but about 20-25% of the time.

One thing that I thought may be affecting it is that the label is 'movies', and common to both 4k and 1080p movies. Is this a possible cause for confusion?

Cheers,
TIMMEH!

Last edited:

timmeh

Experienced+
Original poster
Feb 14, 2019
BUMP!
Has anybody else had any issues with this? It's still happening and I can't for the life of me work out why. 4k often ends up in /mnt/unionfs/movies/ and 1080p downloads often end up in /mnt/unionfs/4k/movies/.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
oh really? i never had that issue with 1080p and 720p. i haven't done the 4k. i know sometimes people run another instance of sonarr and raddarr for 4k, but this shouldn't have to be done.

timmeh

Experienced+
Original poster
Feb 14, 2019
oh really? i never had that issue with 1080p and 720p. i haven't done the 4k. i know sometimes people run another instance of sonarr and raddarr for 4k, but this shouldn't have to be done.
I've got the standard 'out of the Plexguide box' radarr setup downloading 1080p and the additional instance downloading 4k only. It's mystifying why and where things are getting confused or that someone else hasn't posted here with that issue.

@Admin9705 You mentioned that you shouldn't have to run two instances. How do you retain two copies of the same file without Radarr overwriting the previous one? This might be a better approach considering these issues.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I just have a threshold level set so I think you would set it to 4K and then leave it at that... if it can find it.

Reactions: 1 user

spediegun

Active
Donor
Mar 13, 2018
My paths are exactly like yours and I’ve been mass downloading 4K movies with no deletions, the only difference is I’m using sabnzbd and I’m also using a 4K category both in radarr4k and in sabnzbd

Reactions: 1 users

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
makes good sense

timmeh

Experienced+
Original poster
Feb 14, 2019
Cool, I've added the 4kmovies category. Hopefully that will sort it.
Will see what happens ?
If it still goes pete tong up then I'll try sabnzbd
Post automatically merged:

Just to report back - adding the 4k category has solved this issue - the last 10 downloads went into the correct directory and, most importantly, 1080p files were left untouched. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending