Radarr - Radarr bulk importing nightmare | PlexGuide.com

Radarr Radarr bulk importing nightmare

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Horatius369

Citizen+
Original poster
Feb 5, 2020
Hey,

I have around 20k movies I want to import into radarr, they are all on my teamdrive in 2 folders.
Media/Movies/Movies[Genre/4K]
Media/Moves-Remux/Movies[Genre/4K]

I tried bulk importing it by genre but even that is barely doable and it often shows it has not found any movies at all, what would be an option to import all these movies into Radarr? Plex doesn't have a problem with it.

Currently I'm thinking of just only adding new movies to Radarr and leaving the library for what it is now and retry when radarr v3 is out.

Thanks in advance!

stammbraeu

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Mar 21, 2018
my learnings so far - only show 100 movies per page, select them all, move to next page and repeat - this way you can import couple of 100s in one go

i would not suggest to go for all in one big swoop as from time to time it froze and i had to start from the beginning

its tedious but at least it works

if you dont import them and you work with lists you will generate a lot of duplicates

Horatius369

Citizen+
Original poster
Feb 5, 2020
my learnings so far - only show 100 movies per page, select them all, move to next page and repeat - this way you can import couple of 100s in one go

i would not suggest to go for all in one big swoop as from time to time it froze and i had to start from the beginning

its tedious but at least it works

if you dont import them and you work with lists you will generate a lot of duplicates
Often the problem is that the map contains so many movies that it still times out and says, no movies found in this folder.

Is radarr v3 better at this and stable enough to use?

stammbraeu

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Mar 21, 2018
@v3 i have been using it for quite a while on a test server and it worked as expected

important note: the database structure is somehow different meaning you cant go back
-> if you try it out make a backup first via pg vault

Horatius369

Citizen+
Original poster
Feb 5, 2020
@v3 i have been using it for quite a while on a test server and it worked as expected

important note: the database structure is somehow different meaning you cant go back
-> if you try it out make a backup first via pg vault
My current v2 database is a mess and a joke, I will try V3 and see if that solves my problems.

stammbraeu

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Mar 21, 2018
upgrading from v2 to v3 was (at least for me) no problem - it took over all settings / libraries etc but going back from v3 to v2 ended up in being a total new setup (no settings, no libraries etc) - basically just like a new install

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
When v3 imports, just walk away! You’ll be tempted to think it’s stuck.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending