Radarr - Radarr/Sonarr Permission Issue | PlexGuide.com

Radarr Radarr/Sonarr Permission Issue

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

coryallen

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 3, 2019
Hey,

I have deployed Radarr and Sabnzbd and have it all working where I can download from Radarr. My question is that when I download a movie in Radarr the completed movie gets renamed and put in

/mnt/movies

So when I deployed Plex I followed the WiKi it said to mount the library folder path

/mnt/unionfs/movies

How do I get the movie I downloaded from Radarr to automatically go into the correct path /mnt/unionfs/movies?

pYTTH

Elite
Staff
Nov 1, 2018
Change root folder / when you add a movie you can choose the path

coryallen

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 3, 2019
Wow, can't believe I didn't see that!!

I just tried to change the path to /mnt/unionfs/movies but I got an error "Folder is not writable by user abc"

This is also happening in Sonarr with /mnt/unionfs/tv

I ran the following commands and I am still having the issue

chown -cR 1000:1000 /mnt/unionfs/movies
chown -cR 1000:1000 /mnt/unionfs/tv

Last edited:

PKtm

Noobz
Feb 27, 2019
I had the same problem. Then I remembered that the container file system is separate from the machine's file system that I'm running in. Ergo, different permissions. Solution: I shelled into the sonarr container, using the command

sudo docker exec -it sonarr /bin/bash

Then, I navigated to the /mnt/unionfs/ directory, and noted that the two subdirectories (movies and tv) were owned by root, not abc. I changed them to be owned by abc.

chown abc:abc movies
chown abc:abc tv

And now everything works.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending