RadarrHook (Proof of Concept) - Sync Radarr instances in near real time | PlexGuide.com

RadarrHook (Proof of Concept) - Sync Radarr instances in near real time

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

blickman

Citizen
Original poster
Dec 24, 2018
Hey guys, so I have successfully built what I would call "RaddarHook". It's a php/nginx container that accepts webhooks from one radarr server (on grab specifically), processes it, then adds the requested movie into a second radarr server via the api.

Would this be something anyone would be interested in? Its currently very rudimentary but does configure through a simple html form and setup is a breeze.

I am very new php/web development but it works. There's a lot that could still be done to it, but I had put this together in a matter of days not knowing a lick of PHP. If anyone that is solid is this area would like to help tackle this more in depth and provide a solid solution to the community I would be more than happy collaborate with you!

This solution would be a near replacement for RadarrSync (a python script), as it currently integrates two radar servers (could be expanded in the future to more) as movies are added, but doesn't currently pull in existing movies or remove then either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

peppoonline

Citizen+
Donor
Dec 24, 2018
Can't we integrate this into our community based installs? :)

And after that, a plex-db-sync and I call it a day :)

M

MrDoob

many user dont have 2 or 4 or 5 plex server
only one !

a base intregration is not the optimal way for this

Reactions: 1 user

blickman

Citizen
Original poster
Dec 24, 2018
Just as easy just to sync the DB's. plenty of dockers, set up a sync job.
I don't believe syncing databases would be a viable solution as it would essentially put the slave databases in read-only (and potentially cause a lot of issues on the app side) nor would allow for use of a different profile in another radarr instance. None the less, a similar solution could be built upon a standalone database (not tied to a radarr server) that is synced with one radarr instance then an integration service built on top of that to push data to the other instances.

blickman

Citizen
Original poster
Dec 24, 2018
For those interested, I will setup a github repo over the weekend and share the link as well as some brief instructuions. Have a bit of cleanup to do, and I will disclose that this solution in no way is built to any common or best practice and will probably show in the source code as this was my first go at any type of web/integration service development.

Reactions: 2 users

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending