Local time
3:04 AM
Jan 12, 2019
Mount Type
Blitz Encrypted
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
Hi,

My Hetzner server hangs (actually quite frequently, but that is something else I need to investigate - whilst using NZBGET the server becomes unresponsive and drops containers every few hours and needs a "robot" reset? Anyway - that will be a different query).

Sometimes, the PGBlitz mounts simply don't start and I can find no reason why? I have restarted them, but on one occasion it seemed to have ditched all of the Plex metadata and so needed to reload and match files to the appropriate metadata (which took a while, but - no biggie). I've checked and (fortunately) the local drive hasn't run out of space by 0.5Tb, so I don't think that it's anything to do with the allocation of storage and it doesn't appear that I'm hitting transport limits with Google... Is there any "best practice" I should be doing in order to ensure that the PGBlitz instance launches after my (regular) hard resets?

TIA!

T

TheShadow

Are you saturating your network connection with nzbget? You should set it to use a max of 80% of your line speed.

This will definately happen if your downloading from nzbget and it's also uploading at unlimited bandwidth. Check netdata, I bet you're saturating your line, that's why things become "unresponsive". That won't 'drop' any containers though.

Redeploy your mounts as there have been some updates recently, and then if it happens again run 'pglogs'

bedmanager

Original poster
Local time
3:04 AM
Jan 12, 2019
Are you saturating your network connection with nzbget? You should set it to use a max of 80% of your line speed.

This will definately happen if your downloading from nzbget and it's also uploading at unlimited bandwidth. Check netdata, I bet you're saturating your line, that's why things become "unresponsive". That won't 'drop' any containers though.

Redeploy your mounts as there have been some updates recently, and then if it happens again run 'pglogs'
Thank you! Set up a GCE and have that throwing data at Tdrive, my Hetzner has been stable since then, but you have validated my understanding of what the problem might be. Really appreciate your input!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Staff online

Maintenance Donations

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending