Discussion - Rclone 1.53 | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Rclone 1.53

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

placid07

Citizen
Original poster
Jan 9, 2020
Hey guys.

Rclone 1.53 has been released and sounds very interesting. In particular, the update to the vfs caching which enables partial caching with --vfs-cache-mode full.

How can we configure pg to use the latest version of rclone? I have tried manually updating it but pgclone detects the incorrect version and then reinstalls 1.48.

Some highlights:
  • Rework of the VFS layer 48 . This enables partial caching in --vfs-cache-mode full and writeback of files. This should make the VFS layer much more usable.
  • New plugin system for the webgui - thanks to our GSoC student @negative0
  • Interactive mode -i/--interactive 15 for destructive operations - use it any time you are testing things!
  • --bwlimit-file 9 flag to limit speeds of individual file transfers rather than just the aggregate speed.
Thank you to all the contributors to this release, those who contributed code or doc fixes (48 people) or made issues or answered questions in the forum - your help is much appreciated!

If you (or your company) is enjoying rclone, please consider donating 6 to keep the project sustainable.

placid07

Citizen
Original poster
Jan 9, 2020
So I forked the PG Clone repo, updated to use rclone 1.53.1 and now I'm running VFS-Cache-Mode Full.

Going to be doing some testing to see if its actually caching a file while playing it. In theory once I have played a file, it should not download it again on the next play.

If anyone else wants to give it a try, this is my personal forked details below:

1600153961277.png

Reactions: 1 user

doob

Administrator
Project Manager
Jun 7, 2020
Its pretty old to use rclone mount on host :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

misury

Experienced
Donor
Donor
Jan 25, 2018
So I forked the PG Clone repo, updated to use rclone 1.53.1 and now I'm running VFS-Cache-Mode Full.

Going to be doing some testing to see if its actually caching a file while playing it. In theory once I have played a file, it should not download it again on the next play.

If anyone else wants to give it a try, this is my personal forked details below:

View attachment 4876
Hello friend!

I was curious if this had worked for you? Might you share your fork, (not the COVID spreading utensil!,) for your particular branch so that I might look into it as well?

Thanks!

jk2k

Citizen
Donor
Jan 25, 2019
Hello friend!

I was curious if this had worked for you? Might you share your fork, (not the COVID spreading utensil!,) for your particular branch so that I might look into it as well?

Thanks!
Go to the PG Clone section, select 2 to used the forked version, copy the info posted in the image from placid07 and deploy. Works fine for me so far

doob

Administrator
Project Manager
Jun 7, 2020

thewillonline

Citizen
May 1, 2018

View attachment 4876
Wow nice, will try this out!

placid07

Citizen
Original poster
Jan 9, 2020
Thought I'd give an update.

The caching works perfectly and it definitely helps when multiple user's are playing the same files as the start up time and rewind times are much quicker.

How it works is when a file is streamed, it will be cached locally. Once the cache has exceeded its maximum size (VFS-Cache-Max-Size), it will begin removing the older items in a First-In-Last-Out manor. Also any items that are older than the maximum age (VFS-Cache-Max-Age) will also be removed.

Just remember to change the VFS-Cache-Mode to full else the caching won't be enabled.

Here are the settings I am using:

1603979423856.png

ZeroFux

Active
Mar 19, 2019
Thank you for the info! I'm going to give this a try. I've heard from some friends that there is sometimes buffering... maybe this cache will resolve it since I'm on a full duplex gigabit line.

PlexPower

Experienced
Mar 18, 2019
Hi all. im not good for manual update on linux. Someone can tell me the command line i need use for update Rclone? Like a baby...lol Thx again.

Last edited:

PlexPower

Experienced
Mar 18, 2019
use this

just be aware tho. if you ever do pg-4 you will need to run that command again to upgrade. because pg-4 downgrades your rclone for some reason.
So i need do the change in the setting in pg-4 like:
1604059104997.png
before update rclone ?

And about my other Tdrive mounted whit rclone?

I thing the good way is:

1- Change settings in pg-4
2- Remount my other Tdrive
3- Update rclone whit command line

This is right?

Thx for the reply.

placid07

Citizen
Original poster
Jan 9, 2020
If you deploy my PG fork, you will only need to change the rclone settings above for it to work.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending