Discussion - Real IP (Client) Cloudflare proxied + Traefik | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Real IP (Client) Cloudflare proxied + Traefik

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

ChunkDus

Active
Original poster
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Hello friends!

I have searched the internet, but I have not seen any answers that solve this.

The thing is that being configured by the Cloudflare proxy, in my applications, for example Jellyfin, I see the IP of CloudFlare, not the actual IP of the client. Is there a way to configure this? If so, what should I do?

Thank you and greetings!

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Hello friends!

I have searched the internet, but I have not seen any answers that solve this.

The thing is that being configured by the Cloudflare proxy, in my applications, for example Jellyfin, I see the IP of CloudFlare, not the actual IP of the client. Is there a way to configure this? If so, what should I do?

Thank you and greetings!
This is normal, if you want to use cdn. I'd you don't, untick "proxied" on your jellyfin DNS entry. You can also do both. Leave the jellyfin DNS entry proxied, make a second entry called jellyfinnocdn that isn't proxied. In portainer open jellyfin and click duplicate/edit, go to labels, look for traefik frontend rule, it should be something like:
Host:jellyfin.yourdomain.com,jellyfin.yourdomain.com, change the second entry to jellyfinnocdn.yourdomain.com. click deploy.
Now you can access it via CDN or direct based on which url you use.

ChunkDus

Active
Original poster
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
This is normal, if you want to use cdn. I'd you don't, untick "proxied" on your jellyfin DNS entry. You can also do both. Leave the jellyfin DNS entry proxied, make a second entry called jellyfinnocdn that isn't proxied. In portainer open jellyfin and click duplicate/edit, go to labels, look for traefik frontend rule, it should be something like:
Host:jellyfin.yourdomain.com,jellyfin.yourdomain.com, change the second entry to jellyfinnocdn.yourdomain.com. click deploy.
Now you can access it via CDN or direct based on which url you use.
Okay, maybe i didnt explain well, sry for my english hehe. I know is masked (Server IP) when i click on 'proxied', thats good, i want proxied to masked Server IP, but my question is for client IP, when I connect to my services, jellyfin, bitwarden, etc, i want to know the REAL IP of client, not the IP of Cloudflare who enrouted this connection (https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/e...isitor-IPs-Option-1-Installing-mod-cloudflare),

I hope I have explained myself better this time.

Thank you and best regards!

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Okay, maybe i didnt explain well, sry for my english hehe. I know is masked (Server IP) when i click on 'proxied', thats good, i want proxied to masked Server IP, but my question is for client IP, when I connect to my services, jellyfin, bitwarden, etc, i want to know the REAL IP of client, not the IP of Cloudflare who enrouted this connection (https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/e...isitor-IPs-Option-1-Installing-mod-cloudflare),

I hope I have explained myself better this time.

Thank you and best regards!
I see. If traefik has the x-forward flags on it may respect the origin ip. My Plex server seems to grab the correct source ips via CDN. Otherwise you will need to use cloudflares audit reports.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending