Remote path - Sonarr on seperate server to download client

jim2fast4u

Original poster
Local time
7:10 PM
Jul 12, 2018
Hi all,

I currently run a dedi in Europe and have Sonarr/radarr and download client deluge setup. I run a VPS in Australia for PLEX. Australia is expensive for bandwidth and cloud services would have a real issue with download clients running within Australia. I want to lower my overheads and increase responsiveness of my setup from a management perspective.

For testing I deployed Sonarr on my Australian VPS, Linked the Download client 'deluge' that is running in Europe.

A show is added to Sonarr, The report is sent to Deluge and the file downloads. It then pauses. Sonarr will report the download status correctly however cannot see the directory for placing.

I have played with the remote mapping after reading the wiki and I have had no luck.

I have not deployed Traffic and so am using a remote mapping of:

Host SERVERIP:8112
Remote Path: /mnt/downloads/deluge/
Local Path: /mnt/unionfs/deluge/

I have tried to navigate to the local path /mnt/unionfs/deluge/ however it is empty. This path on the European server shows the content within deluge.

My goal is to have Sonarr manage the files but not pull them down to Australia, Just send them to GDRIVE from the European Server.
I am stuck and would love some advice as the Black Friday Sales are on and I want to purchase some local discounted servers.

nickmers

Local time
9:10 AM
Nov 24, 2019
Hello. Sorry for my english.... I don´t know if I understand. All download but after not move ? If cant not see directory could be a permission problem. How did you installed all?? With Pgblitz or manual?

Cthe1

Respected Member
Local time
9:10 AM
Mar 5, 2019
Denmark
Install Sonarr on your EU server, problem solved? :)

jim2fast4u

Original poster
Local time
7:10 PM
Jul 12, 2018
Yes this is true and current. Response times even with cloud flare are just that much quicker on a local server.

When I get a chance I will attempt again and report back if I get a functional model that can be replicated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Maintenance Donations

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending