Sonarr - Renaming Movie Files with Sonarr = Re-Upload Bug | PlexGuide.com

Sonarr Renaming Movie Files with Sonarr = Re-Upload Bug

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Chudz

Experienced
Donor
Patron
Mar 19, 2018
I would point to tdrive folder do the rename and change back to unionfs dont take to long doing this :p also I think mergerfs would allow renaming but also save files into the right move folders ?

chrisboote

Active
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
I guess the general consensus is that it needs to be set as unionfs. I just want to know WHY? So that i can understand it.
Does Radarr tell NZBget where to move the completed files? Or, how does it work?

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
Sorry to tell you that but I think you are mixing things up. But if you want to do it your way fine for me.

chrisboote

Active
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
Sorry to tell you that but I think you are mixing things up. But if you want to do it your way fine for me.
I don't want to do it a different way. I am trying to understand how it works thats all.

Can you explain to me how it works?

chrisboote

Active
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
So - can anyone help me?

Downloads from nzbget go to /mnt/downloads/nzbget/

what happens to them after that?

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
Radarr gives order to nzbget to download a file and provides a tag (TV or movies) which will be used by nzbget when the file is downloaded. Nzbget downloads the file and puts it in /mnt/downloads/nzbget/[tag name]. Radarr recuperates the downloaded file and puts it back to /mnt/unionfs/movies which is a combination of a read-only dir ( Google drive) and a read-write dir /mnt/move. Radarr also renames the file and add other files nfo, ... Then Pg move or pgblitz takes the files from mnt/move/movies and upload it to Google drive and respects the quota limitations imposed by Google.

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
So - can anyone help me?

Downloads from nzbget go to /mnt/downloads/nzbget/

what happens to them after that?
As you can see, everything is foreseen and works damn well.

chrisboote

Active
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
Thanks.

So - I can see your point. I have files in /mnt/downloads/nzbget/movies that have not been uploaded. I have changed the paths back for all movies to unionfs. Do I need to do anything else to get them to upload?

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
If the Pg install went ok no. Everything should work as explained. There is a new version of Pg coming that will completely skip unionfs and use a new feature from rclone which will do pretty the same thing in a better and more integrated way.

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
I are you using Pg move or Pg blitz?

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
If you type blitz in the shell you will get some feedback about the output of Pg blitz script

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
You can also type tail -n 200 /var/log/syslog to get a broader overview of what is done behind the scene.

Reactions: 1 users

Stryk3r

Experienced
Staff
Oct 26, 2018
NZBgets decides where the files get downloaded to, correct. Radarr and Sonarr send the request to NZBget and then Monitor the progress. When completed sonarr and radarr move the files to whatever the path is that you put when you added the shows. In your case /mnt/tdrive which is directly to the rcone mount. This will then queue up the uploads to gdrive directly through rclone.

Since there is a delay in uploading the files to final destination due to rclone this can cause problems with sonarr/radarr importing the files properly, as the file get move to a temp directory by rclone to be uploaded to gdrive and radarr and sonarr can lose track of teh files and you get a yellow exclamation mark on the activity tab. Eventually it will show up in /mnt/tdrive, but it take TIME to upload it. the larger the files the most problems it can create.

To avoid these issues the mounts are all joined together /mnt/tdrive and /mnt/move are all part of a single group of folders that allows radarr and sonarr to track the files and see them while the files are being uploaded. It also allows for Plex to see the files as soon as sonarr/radarr moves them instead of having to wait for them to upload.

You have to remember here, that the files can't instantly appear on gdrive and the gap in time between sonarr and radarr renaming teh file and moving it, and the file being uploaded will cause problems. this is why there is an unionfs and an upload script.

But if you don't believe me, just run it the way you are, and you will see the results for yourself.

Reactions: 1 user

chrisboote

Active
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
NZBgets decides where the files get downloaded to, correct. Radarr and Sonarr send the request to NZBget and then Monitor the progress. When completed sonarr and radarr move the files to whatever the path is that you put when you added the shows. In your case /mnt/tdrive which is directly to the rcone mount. This will then queue up the uploads to gdrive directly through rclone.

Since there is a delay in uploading the files to final destination due to rclone this can cause problems with sonarr/radarr importing the files properly, as the file get move to a temp directory by rclone to be uploaded to gdrive and radarr and sonarr can lose track of teh files and you get a yellow exclamation mark on the activity tab. Eventually it will show up in /mnt/tdrive, but it take TIME to upload it. the larger the files the most problems it can create.

To avoid these issues the mounts are all joined together /mnt/tdrive and /mnt/move are all part of a single group of folders that allows radarr and sonarr to track the files and see them while the files are being uploaded. It also allows for Plex to see the files as soon as sonarr/radarr moves them instead of having to wait for them to upload.

You have to remember here, that the files can't instantly appear on gdrive and the gap in time between sonarr and radarr renaming teh file and moving it, and the file being uploaded will cause problems. this is why there is an unionfs and an upload script.

But if you don't believe me, just run it the way you are, and you will see the results for yourself.
Why are you getting defensive? I was asking because I genuinely wanted to know. I work in IT but have limited linux knowledge and have spent little time researching exactly how the processes of plexguide work, I wanted someone to explain to get a better understanding, not because i didnt believe you.

Do I need to do anything to get radarr to move the files from /mnt/downloads/nzbget/movies? Theres files in there.

chrisboote

Active
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
Ok - I rebooted the server after I changed the paths and its working now. All of the files are uploading from that directory.

Stryk3r

Experienced
Staff
Oct 26, 2018
you tell radarr and sonarar to put the files in /mnt/unions/{tv or movies} or whatever path you have set in your gdrive (it varies by user)

I'm not getting defensive. I'm think I explained very clearly how the flow works, and when someone asks for help, and then questions the solution. it makes the person trying to give said solution feel like "why should I bother if this person knows better"

I also work in IT, and I understand your desire to learn and I am trying to provide the information you're asking for. But if you want to NOT take our advice.... we also have other things to do with our time rather than "beat a dead horse" and repeating ourselves over and over... hopefully you can see this?

Anyways, if there is anything specific you still don't understand, pleasse specify exactly what you don't understand I will try to explain it as best as I can.

chrisboote

Active
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
you tell radarr and sonarar to put the files in /mnt/unions/{tv or movies} or whatever path you have set in your gdrive (it varies by user)

I'm not getting defensive. I'm think I explained very clearly how the flow works, and when someone asks for help, and then questions the solution. it makes the person trying to give said solution feel like "why should I bother if this person knows better"

I also work in IT, and I understand your desire to learn and I am trying to provide the information you're asking for. But if you want to NOT take our advice.... we also have other things to do with our time rather than "beat a dead horse" and repeating ourselves over and over... hopefully you can see this?

Anyways, if there is anything specific you still don't understand, pleasse specify exactly what you don't understand I will try to explain it as best as I can.
At no point did I say your solution was not the best one and that I wouldn't follow it. I have taken your advice now I have had an explanation as to why. I didn't know better, I just wanted to understand the process of it all so I can maybe fix it myself in future and also to help others in this community if I have a better understanding of it. 'm sorry you felt I was being awkward, I think you chose to take it the wrong way. I was simply asking why becuase I take an interest in understanding how things work.

Thanks for your help!

Stryk3r

Experienced
Staff
Oct 26, 2018
Also FYI, the renaming issue you original posted about is fixed in v8.2 and above. So leave your config the way it is and when you upgrade to 8.2, redeploy blitz from the menu, and it will work the way you wanted from the start.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending