Requestrr | PlexGuide.com

Requestrr

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

timetrex

Elite
Original poster
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
Created YML file in communityapps for requestrr.

Handy chat bot service with Discord for managing / easier requests . Used in conjunction or on its own from Ombi,

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
How are you able to type the word Dis-cord without the dash in your posts? Everytime I've tried I get stopped by a "you are posting spam" message.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Oh neat!

timetrex

Elite
Original poster
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
Think it is, I havent used mellow before but think it has the same functions. Pretty good.

Reactions: 1 users

timetrex

Elite
Original poster
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
You need to set up a bot application within developer on dis cord.

This link will give you instructions how to do that.

Once done, fill in and complete the settings on the web page for chat bot, sonarr / raddar /ombi

Post automatically merged:

Installation instructions.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

timetrex

Elite
Original poster
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
done...first time paying about with this so hopefully request is done right.

vFlagR

Experienced+
Staff
Aug 27, 2018
Hey guys, sorry for going quiet on this one. We've been working away on a new version of PG in the background. I'll try and get this tested and approved tonight at some point :)

ZyFinity

Active
Nov 22, 2019
Looking forward to seeing requestrr on the community apps and hopefully its available in a couple of days as i'm eager to play with it!

ZyFinity

Active
Nov 22, 2019
yeah hopefully an admin can add it to the community "app store" as it has a few features that i like over mellow!

ZyFinity

Active
Nov 22, 2019
It communicates directly with sonarr / radarr and lets you do custom options for commands such as !anime demon slayer and it will use the specific tags, quality profiles, paths that you have setup in requestrr and apparently they are also going to be adding support for multiple radarr / sonarr instances!

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
I got this working and it's great! People can fully manage movie/tv requests within a Dis-cord chat room.

For whatever reason, anytime I've added a custom docker container outside of PG, I cannot get traefik to proxy it, even with copying/configuring all the traefik labels and ports correctly and adding both plexguide and host networks to the container. I'm not sure why, but I'm 100% sure it's my fault. Here's how I set it up for now until I can get traefik to proxy it properly. Luckily, for this app, once you set it up, you really don't need to access the web interface anymore, so my (bad) instructions below will get you started until someone smarter than me can post a proper yml:

putty into your host
sudo mkdir /opt/appdata/requestrr
sudo chown YourUsername:YourUsername /opt/appdata/requestrr
sudo docker run --name requestrr \
-p 4545:4545 \
-v /opt/appdata/requestrr:/root/config \
--restart=unless-stopped \
darkalfx/requestrr

Once you get the repeating "can't connect, retrying" message, CTRL-C. Go to portainer.yourdomain.com now.

My bad hack method has two ways of doing the next steps, pick yours:
Method 1. Easy:
In plexguide, install the optional "Firefox" app.
Go to portainer.yourdomain.com now. Change the host port from 4545 to 127.0.0.1:4545
Start the requestrr container, open it and have it join the plexguide network as well.
go to https://firefox.yourdomain.com
in the containerized firefox url window type in: http://requestrr:4545
Create your initial account and configure requestrr per the wiki.

Method 2. Not as Easy as Method 1:
Start the requestrr container, open it and have it join the plexguide network as well.
Create a dns entry for requestrr.yourdomain.com pointing to your host IP. If you use cloudflare do not proxy it (DNS only.) If you have cloudflare redirect HTTP to HTTPS, you will need to temporarily disable this too.
In your browser go to http://requestrr.yourdomain.com:4545
Create your initial account and configure requestrr per the wiki.
Once complete, open the requestrr container, click "duplicate/edit" and change the host port from 4545 to 127.0.0.1:4545 so it's not open to the world on a non encrypted port.

Again, the above is a really bad way to do it. I just can't seem to get custom containers to work with traefik. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong please chime in. Again I copied all traefik variables from another container (ombi), modified the hostname value from ombi.mydomain.com,ombi.mydomain.com to requestrr.mydomain.com,requestrr.mydomain.com and changed the traefik access port from 3579 to 4545, ensured the container was part of host and plexguide, restarted both traefik and requestrr, but still get 404 page not found.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong please let me know and thank you in advance.
-Ed

ZyFinity

Active
Nov 22, 2019
Awesome and is there an easy way of duplicating the container for requestrr? (needed because i have multiple sonarr and radarr instances running)

awesome will do this right now! thanks alot!!

Also instead of using firefox you could always just use putty to ssh in and then have a port forward rule to forward the localhost:4545 of the server into the pc you have at home which would be good enough because the requestrr settings aren't something you are going to change very often.

Last edited:

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Yes, just follow the same steps above but enumerate the name, data directory and host port. For example:

sudo mkdir /opt/appdata/requestrr2
sudo chown YourUsername:YourUsername /opt/appdata/requestrr2
sudo docker run --name requestrr2 \
-p 4546:4545 \
-v /opt/appdata/requestrr2:/root/config \
--restart=unless-stopped \
darkalfx/requestrr

Follow the rest of the steps for the method preferred.

Then go to the url:
Method1
Method2:

Last edited:

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Note the sudo chown line and the next line (/opt/appdate/requestrr2) are part of the same line/command. The post wrapped the line.

timetrex

Elite
Original poster
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
Works fine for me with reverse proxy, just using admin sample yml file.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending