RuTorrent - Running two rutorrent dockers deletes downloads | PlexGuide.com

RuTorrent Running two rutorrent dockers deletes downloads

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Parmaster

Citizen
Original poster
Apr 30, 2018
Hi,

Has anyone had any issues running two rutorrent dockers?

I have had a really strange bug where if I run two rutorrent dockers, when adding torrents to the second rutorrent/rtorrent docker, they either fail to download or are wiped from the second torrent folder after a little bit of time.
I'm sure Sonnar is involved here strangely.

Here's the exact process I followed and have been able to replicate the bug multiple times.

I install rutorrent from the community apps and choose the horjulf/rutorrent-autodl image from the options.
I install sonarr and set it up with rutorrent as a download client.

This one runs fine and has no issues, then I create a seperate yml file called rutorrenttwo.yml in /opt/mycontainers and duplicate the yml from the core apps called rutorrent.yml
I change the role name and ports, and then install it from plexguide, I change rtorrent.rc to a different download locaton e.g /mnt/downloads/torrents with the first instance being /mnt/downloads/rutorrent.
I install it from plexguide and everything appears normal, until you download, it downloads fine, but after a mintute or so the files are deleted from the /mnt/downloads/torrents folder but everything appears normal in rutorrent. The files from the first instance of rutorrent are fine, its just the second instance that is affected.

After alot of experimenting I found that if I install the second rutorrent docker with Sonarr running as I install it, this creates the issue with deleting of the files.
If i stop the sonarr docker and then install the second instance of rutorrent and then restart sonarr, no file deletion issue.

I really cant work out what is going on here, is sonarr deleting the files from a directory that it doesn't have any configuration for or know about? Is this a docker issue?

Wouldn't really worry me but I want the two instances, but obviously am concerned with downloading alot of torrents only to have them all deleted from the disk.

I can post the custom yml file if needed.

Cheers for any help on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending