Discussion - [S] Hetzner EX52-NVME or EX62-NVME | PlexGuide.com

Discussion [S] Hetzner EX52-NVME or EX62-NVME

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

DrAg0n141

Active
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
Hello,

searching for an EX52-NVME or EX62-NVME. In this moment i have an EX61-NVME but need the 1TB SSDs.

PM me when you want so sell/transfer your Server.

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
You know you can split the drives and make a 1TB using rescue mode. I was unaware for the longest time.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Log into rescue mode and type 'installimage' without the quotation marks, set 'RAIDLEVEL' from '1' to '0', you can alter things like host name and partition sizes further down if you need to, hit F10 and save the config, and hit 'Yes', after that it's pretty self explanatory. As to loosing 'protection', SSD's are inherently reliable compared to mechanical drives, the likely failure is due to data written (and you need to write a lot for a long time on a modern TLC drive), i'd be impressed if you managed to wear one out, but using R1 you'll likely hit the limits on both at roughly the same time relatively speaking, which kind of defeats the point. Besides, you have a backup and restoring a server is hardly a massive issue in this scenario.

DrAg0n141

Active
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
I Have Proxmox with ZFS installed and because of that i am want to have failure protection.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I Have Proxmox with ZFS installed and because of that i am want to have failure protection.
Well the chances are super low. I would worry about the OS corrupting way over the drive failing. Ya if it was mechanical drives.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending