Scaleway - has anyone tried? | PlexGuide.com

Scaleway - has anyone tried?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

zukato

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
Jul 13, 2018
Heard about them on a reddit post. Has anyone tried? They seem to be quite affordable.

lobosrul

Noobz
Sep 21, 2018
I'm testing one out right now. Paris, "START1-L".

Billing is by the hour so not much to lose. So far, so good.

something

Experienced+
Feb 15, 2018
I'm testing one out right now. Paris, "START1-L".

Billing is by the hour so not much to lose. So far, so good.
How do they charge? Are only the hours of streaming counted towards billing? Also, I see that the dedicated server is about the same price as START1-L. Is there any specific reason you chose the Cloud Server? I don't even know the difference between the Cloud Server and Dedicated Server.

Thx,
V

lobosrul

Noobz
Sep 21, 2018
"How do they charge? Are only the hours of streaming counted towards billing? "

No anytime the server is alive, even in a suspended state.

And... you're right those baremetal servers look to be a great deal, I just didn't see the prices.

Edit: well they do say "baremetal", but not "dedicated". Is it possible they aren't "dedicated"??

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Niller2005

Citizen
Staff
Apr 5, 2018
Edit: well they do say "baremetal", but not "dedicated". Is it possible they aren't "dedicated"??
Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 10.29.22 AM.png

It is dedicated :) I've been running on the baremetal for like 6 months now, and I would say that everything is fine. The only thing is that the SSD seems to backlog sometimes.

something

Experienced+
Feb 15, 2018
View attachment 1896

It is dedicated :) I've been running on the baremetal for like 6 months now, and I would say that everything is fine. The only thing is that the SSD seems to backlog sometimes.
How is the network speed. Do you think I can use it to download the NZBs, upload to Gdrive, and stream plex at the same time? I am thinking of subscribing the lowest VPS package with about 200 GB SSD upgrade.

Thx,
V

barryclamsworth

Governer
Donor
Feb 2, 2018
It can be made to work apparently but I guess support is going to be limited if you think you might need it.

Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending