Second drive on Hetzner Cloud | PlexGuide.com

Second drive on Hetzner Cloud

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

ozdeadpool

Citizen
Original poster
Nov 25, 2019
Hi Folks,

I have been using my Hetzner cloud for the last 8 months without too much issue.
However have started running into an issue lately.

My Hetzner server has a disk size of 80GB, out of which 55GB are currently used up. (I am guessing by the base PG blitz install, Plex metadata, etc.)
I use G suite teamdrives for my actual media storage.

The issue is that when Sonarr / Radarr tries to download multiple items, it uses us the 25 GB space very quickly which causes NZBget to go into pause mode to avoid a system crash.
And this basically renders my server in a paused state for all Sonarr / Radarr download activities.

I then need to go in manually to remove the files from complete and incomplete directories and empty the 25GB manually before I restart NZBget until it runs into the issue again.

I have checked with Hetzner and 80GB is the biggest size primary disk you can have.
So, am wanting to know if it is possible to use a secondary disk for my Sonarr / Radarr / NzbGet folders and how exactly do I implement that?
Is there a handy guide I can use?

I have very limited understanding of linux and can’t code much, so don’t feel too comfortable messing around unless I have a clear guide on how to do that.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Hetzner Cloud allows you to increase your storage in minutes, its a very easy process to upgrade to a better spec with larger drive. Failing that, reducing your download speed to below your upload speed will help, but you have very little space to play with.

ozdeadpool

Citizen
Original poster
Nov 25, 2019
Hetzner Cloud allows you to increase your storage in minutes, its a very easy process to upgrade to a better spec with larger drive. Failing that, reducing your download speed to below your upload speed will help, but you have very little space to play with.
Thanks for the prompt response.
I did try to increase the size of the primary disk, however 80GB is the maximum they have on their portal. The recommendation is to create a secondary volume / disk if you want to go bigger then that. Which is why I was asking to see if there was any way to setup PGBlitz to read and write to the secondary drive.

I think I can use the option of reducing the download speed but that is not ideal.

Will check with Hetzner to see if they will let me upscale the primary drive otherwise will default to the download speed reduction option.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Just use the rescale option, every Hetzner cloud instance is upgradable to a higher plan, it literally takes minutes and you can do it from the control panel.

ozdeadpool

Citizen
Original poster
Nov 25, 2019
Just use the rescale option, every Hetzner cloud instance is upgradable to a higher plan, it literally takes minutes and you can do it from the control panel.
All good, Was able to upscale to 160G. Somehow did now see the option of unticking only ram and processor upgrade. Thanks for your help and responding to my rather silly question.

Reactions: 1 user

Resporthw

Citizen
Mar 13, 2020
My hetzner cloud has a 200gigs block volume mounted to /mnt, I think that's better value than rescaling the entire instance.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
All good, Was able to upscale to 160G. Somehow did now see the option of unticking only ram and processor upgrade. Thanks for your help and responding to my rather silly question.
We all ask questions that in hindsight can appear silly, that's how we learn, and learning is good :)

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending