Discussion - Secondary HD for torrent seeding? Possible? | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Secondary HD for torrent seeding? Possible?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

antigravity

Experienced
Original poster
Apr 23, 2019
Really want to give PGBlitz a shot, but can't find any documentation on whether I can use a second drive to download and seed torrents from.

So:
Main drive: NVMe SSD for apps and unions/rclone mounts
Secondary drive: 7200rpm for torrent storing and seeding

Is this possible without too much mucking around?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
There is no work around (meaning what your asking is very niche). You can setup all your data to be on a secondary drive (processing drive).

M

MrDoob

Simple

mount the secondary drive as /mnt/downloads

But if you want to seed the files

Mount the secondary as /mnt/torrent/*

Edit the directory in rTorrent/deluge/transmission and all works perfect.

If you use a second place for the downloaded files you can seed the original files how long you want.

I made the same way.

sudo mkdir /mnt/torrent/{complete,incomplete,watch} && chown -cR 1000:1000 /mnt/torrent/*

You just edit the pgblitz.sh

1.) cd /opt/appdata/pgblitz
2.) cp pgblitz.sh backup.pgblitz.sh
3 .) nano pgblitz.sh

Chnage the line
The first rclone moveto command

From "$dlpath/downloads" to "/mnt/torrent/complete/"

Or create you own rclone moveto command

Search here in the forum I post one, with --time-age and more...

Repost if you need help

antigravity

Experienced
Original poster
Apr 23, 2019
Yeah I was thinking I could change the "incomplete" and "complete" folders for torrents to the secondary mounted drive.

Sonarr/Radarr would then post process the files from those locations, hardlink the post processed files to the default TV and Movie folders, where the existing PGBlitz process would then recognise the files?

Torrents would then delete when ratio rules are met.

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Yeah I was thinking I could change the "incomplete" and "complete" folders for torrents to the secondary mounted drive.

Sonarr/Radarr would then post process the files from those locations, hardlink the post processed files to the default TV and Movie folders, where the existing PGBlitz process would then recognise the files?

No, they don't delete. It's why newsgroups are really the best way to go.

antigravity

Experienced
Original poster
Apr 23, 2019
No, they don't delete. It's why newsgroups are really the best way to go.
They do delete. You setup your torrent client to auto delete under certain rules.

I do it currently with RuTorrent.

For example, my client will seed a file until either it seeds 200% or is seeding for 4 weeks. Then it'll auto delete.

I use Usenet also. It's great for new content, but fails when it comes to TV Season packs and aged/obscure content - That's where Torrents come in.

fr0sty

Veteran
Staff
Donor
Jul 8, 2018
@Admin9705
They will be deleted from torrent client (qbit tested only) and disk as long as,
1. the torrent is completed in client
2. no hardlinking
3. no remote path mapping

@antigravity
I think you have nailed the setup. I would setup hardlinking and remote path map for the workflow you have described.

Reactions: 1 user

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
Only issue will be I think with rar content. The extracted file will then need to be deleted which the ratio group won't do. Radarr / sonarr won't remove.

fr0sty

Veteran
Staff
Donor
Jul 8, 2018

find /mnt/torrent/complete/ -type f -name '*.rar*' -mtime +14 -delete

Edit:
@timetrex I miss understood. This is indeed a limited problem as i've never found a rar season pack.
What about;

find /mnt/torrent/complete/ -type f -name '*.mkv' -mmtime +120 -delete

Last edited:

antigravity

Experienced
Original poster
Apr 23, 2019
Only issue will be I think with rar content. The extracted file will then need to be deleted which the ratio group won't do. Radarr / sonarr won't remove.
Interesting. I'm sure my current workflow with RuTorrent deletes the RARs also. It has a RAR plugin.

I'll have to double check though.

@fr0sty, what do you mean by remote path mapping? Do you mean changing where Sonarr/Radarr etc grabs the files from?

fr0sty

Veteran
Staff
Donor
Jul 8, 2018
Remote path mapping link

The extracted file will then need to be deleted which the ratio group won't do.
He said the extracted file IE mkv. This is true, if you delete it from your client manually or via seed rules it will delete only what it downloaded.

If your only snatching season packs you should be ok anyway as they seldom come RARed.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending