Security IPTV | PlexGuide.com

Security IPTV

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

timmeh

Veteran
Original poster
Feb 14, 2019
I’ve read a lot about IPTV services being tracked to people’s home IPs and ISPs getting them into trouble.
With a hetzner dedi running xteve, can ISPs detect the IPTV stream, or is it just another encrypted stream coming from the plex server?

turner123

Experienced
Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Its one of a few things no one really knows

They have access to a leaked stream and can see everything connected to it thus send abuse reports to host providers
or
Monitor bandwidth use (surge) (sky bt ee plusnet vm) @ kick off times and see where all connectiong too and as above send abuse reports

timmeh

Veteran
Original poster
Feb 14, 2019
OK, so if I’m understanding correctly, unless there’s loads of traffic coming through to the house, they don’t investigate where the traffic/streams come from? Or do they monitor individual streams as well?
Also, does it fit that streaming REMUX is more sketchy as it draws more attention?

turner123

Experienced
Donor
Nov 26, 2018
Mine was flagged on hetzner only myself on watching one stream and it was hit with abuse report >>xteve>>plex-dvr so thats what leads me to think they can see the providers leaked stream, a friend on ovh exact same setup he was fine no issues.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
You've read what and where? Individual IPTV subscribers are rarely if ever targeted.

We seem to be confusing a few issues here. In hypothetical and simplified terms, the way sports IPTV blocking works in the UK is via the rights holder (it's contractors) gaining access to an IPTV service, either by trial or by subscribing, before kickoff they check the sources IP of the stream and notify the ISP's concerned that the IP in question is rebroadcasting an illegal stream, it's then blocked as the ISP's as required by the ongoing High Court order. Your ISP doesn't know squat or care at this stage about you as an individual. As a client, you use a VPN and the issue goes away as the VPN provider isn't part of the process and is unlikely to ever be.

You then have a more recent development, where one local police force has started to write to individuals following a raid/takedown, it's a stupid letter that in effect tells them to stop doing something they can't do, but the point isn't the letter, its that they know who the end users of said service were, or rather they know who's PayPal was linked to the account. Most of the IPTV providers I know/knew in the UK use OVH or Hetzner, Hetzner tend to do port scans for open services (we had something similar posted previously), OVH seemingly DGAF but will happily cooperate with any enquiry.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending