seedboxco seedboxes | PlexGuide.com

seedboxco seedboxes

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Dexxa

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
Apr 18, 2018
I have been trying https://www.seedboxco.net/

Thought it would make a change from using a vps, which i have all apps in one place

Service has been good so far with rutorrent and even got gdrive linked via rclone, first time setting rclone up lol

Only thing i cant figure out is how to enable a external radarr and sonarr as it doesnt seem to give a port number,

But for 10.45 euro a month is worth it :)

Thought i'd share my review in case anyone is thinking of going with them

baconmeds

Citizen
Donor
Apr 1, 2020
Are you running your Plex server through the seedbox as well? If so are you happy with the performance, and how many connections are you handling. I am using a seedbox through evoseedbox.com/ not really happy running plex on it but love the speed it offers for downloads.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Are you running your Plex server through the seedbox as well? If so are you happy with the performance, and how many connections are you handling. I am using a seedbox through evoseedbox.com/ not really happy running plex on it but love the speed it offers for downloads.
Be wary. Most VPS companies will nail you for hogging cpu power.

Dexxa

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
Apr 18, 2018
I haven't had a buffer yet, and i only have 4 family members on it

spurls

Citizen
Donor
Mar 11, 2020
Be wary. Most VPS companies will nail you for hogging cpu power.
Nah Admin... they sell em like that on purpose with plex, and emby, and all the darrs and beards all available for one click install , that and no band width meter for like $15 a month... i think youd appreciate Feral Hosting... no fancy web graphics with them... they are all narly with ssh all day. I like it there cause I can fake like I know how to code and that im a badass, when the truth is my most used bash command is --help

I actually got turned on to this whole scene thru seedboxes (im actually shopping for a new one now for my Blitz setup which is coming along... slowly.

Im gonna be running torrents on the seedbox and then sync them over to my plex/emby/darr/ server on ther Hetz cloud... then I have another PGBlitz system in my home that connects str* to the Gdrive and serves ther house and runs Kodi on its head in my living room :cool:
(having trouble with the cloud sync workflow and how best to keep the darrs from deleteing everything rather than bother to process)

I didnt wanna have to pay Hetz more and their data is a little pricey, i think with the seedbox i can seed a LOT more freely than i would want it all ruinnin on my media streaming server. and as a result Ive got ratios in the 40's ?

NEway, separating the load onto several different installations , Im going to be able to scale this rapidly and share this with my whole extended family for like $20 a month... Watch out Gcloud... I'm comin 4 ya!!

Thanks guys this s*hit is awesome... I cant BELEIVE what you guys have made here!!
No more burning copies of the DVDs Netflix sent in the mail... wow... look how far we have come!

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Nah Admin... they sell em like that on purpose with plex, and emby, and all the darrs and beards all available for one click install , that and no band width meter for like $15 a month... i think youd appreciate Feral Hosting... no fancy web graphics with them... they are all narly with ssh all day. I like it there cause I can fake like I know how to code and that im a badass, when the truth is my most used bash command is --help

I actually got turned on to this whole scene thru seedboxes (im actually shopping for a new one now for my Blitz setup which is coming along... slowly.

Im gonna be running torrents on the seedbox and then sync them over to my plex/emby/darr/ server on ther Hetz cloud... then I have another PGBlitz system in my home that connects str* to the Gdrive and serves ther house and runs Kodi on its head in my living room :cool:
(having trouble with the cloud sync workflow and how best to keep the darrs from deleteing everything rather than bother to process)

I didnt wanna have to pay Hetz more and their data is a little pricey, i think with the seedbox i can seed a LOT more freely than i would want it all ruinnin on my media streaming server. and as a result Ive got ratios in the 40's ?

NEway, separating the load onto several different installations , Im going to be able to scale this rapidly and share this with my whole extended family for like $20 a month... Watch out Gcloud... I'm comin 4 ya!!

Thanks guys this s*hit is awesome... I cant BELEIVE what you guys have made here!!
No more burning copies of the DVDs Netflix sent in the mail... wow... look how far we have come!
oh god, i remember burning dvds all the time. can't remember. use to use that sheep program cloning program. Dual burners, the works.

Reactions: 1 user

insanepoet

Citizen+
Staff
Donor
Jul 4, 2019
AnyDVD and CloneDVD by Slyfox (redfox now) lost the cd binders in a fire but not before moving my collection to hdd's for plex. God what they must have thought of us sending dvds back the very next day after receiving them...

Reactions: 1 users

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
AnyDVD and CloneDVD by Slyfox (redfox now) lost the cd binders in a fire but not before moving my collection to hdd's for plex. God what they must have thought of us sending dvds back the very next day after receiving them...
Yep, u nailed it. It was them haha!

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending