Server buffering every 3 seconds | PlexGuide.com

Server buffering every 3 seconds

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

zlifno

Citizen
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018
I've got 1Gb up and down but Plex still seems to buffer every 3 seconds. Transcoding isn't an issue - in fact it's so fast that plex throttles it down.

Any ideas what can be at fault here and how to fix this?

Edit: Additionally, I've disabled sonarr, radarr, sabnzbd, nzbhydra and everything else that would be taking bandwidth. Still no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

nachobel

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Feb 2, 2019
It's a remote server? What's your home network look like, or wherever your'e trying to stream it to? Have you looked at Netdata while trying to watch something? Could be a disk I/O issue or RAM limitation maybe?

Reactions: 1 user

zlifno

Citizen
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018
Whoops, forgot to give details about my home network - I've got 1 Gb up and down. Device I was streaming to is connected via ethernet as well.
While streaming 1080 @ 16.1 Mbps, total RAM usage is around 13% and there doesn't seem to be any disk I/O issues.

EDIT: Seems like this is only happening on the Roku TV - weird..

Last edited:
  • Haha

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I've stopped using roku a long time ago. I found the apple tv to be great in handling and the new chromecast. But having a strong router is key also.

zlifno

Citizen
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018
So I think I found the problem, or at least the source of the problem - it's the ethernet port. I connected it over wifi and its working with absolutely no issues despite maxing out at around 100 Mbps :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for your help guys

• Wow

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
So I think I found the problem, or at least the source of the problem - it's the ethernet port. I connected it over wifi and its working with absolutely no issues despite maxing out at around 100 Mbps :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for your help guys
actually thank you for troubleshooting haha :D

nachobel

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Feb 2, 2019
Huh, do you have some strange bandwidth restriction on ethernet ports? Or maybe using an old Cat 5 cable? (vice Cat 5e?...though I guess both are theoretically capable of gigabit speeds...). Weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending