Setting a TLD in Traefik | PlexGuide.com

Setting a TLD in Traefik

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
Background: Ubuntu 18.04 | Hetzner EX-42, Helsinki, Finland | PG 8.4.6 | Cloudflare DNS

Question: Traefik seems to be working fine, I can access my containers at sonarr.mydomain.co, radarr.mydomain.co, etc. When I first deployed Traefik, by defauilt it set portainer as the TLD app, and it worked. I could go to mydomain.co and portainer would load. I decided instead to set ombi as the TLD app, and once I did that, it broke. I can still access ombi.mydomain.co, portainer.mydomain.co, etc, but if you just go to mydomain.co now it throws a ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error now. Oops. Changing it back to portainer as the TLD, the same thing happens.

Do I need to add any entries to Cloudflare to get it to work, or what could I have done to hose it?

S

subse7en

You should have 1 A record for the main domain.

Every subdomain is a cname

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
fr0sty's suggestion worked. Before, I just had a * A rec and a domain A rec. Once I explicitly named each CNAME rec for the subdomains, after a few minutes it started working. My TLD works too now. I had thought before that the * record was supposed to stand in for all the subdomains. (sorry, I'm a newbie)

Last edited:

timekills

VIP
Staff
Donor
Sep 12, 2018
fr0sty's suggestion worked. Before, I just had a * A rec and a domain A rec. Once I explicitly named each CNAME rec for the subdomains, after a few minutes it started working. My TLD works too now. I had thought before that the * record was supposed to stand in for all the subdomains. (sorry, I'm a newbie)
It would except Cloudflare doesn't permit wildcards for free accounts. If you're a paying customer, then you can use the * wildcard.

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
It would except Cloudflare doesn't permit wildcards for free accounts. If you're a paying customer, then you can use the * wildcard.
Oh, I see. I read that warning and thought it was just saying it wouldn't let you cache the wildcard, so put it in anyway.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending