Discussion - Setting up my first GCE Feeder | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Setting up my first GCE Feeder

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

UncleBuck

Elite
Original poster
Staff
Dec 21, 2018
So up until now, I have been running PG on a Hetzner Ex62 without any sort of feeder box. I am running, Plex, Ombi, Radarr, Sonarr, Sabnzbd, Qbittorrent, Jacket, pgscan. I recently discovered pgtrakt and would like to use it to start adding many TB of tv shows. I feel this will work much better on a GCE Feeder so I went ahead and set up a GCE. So far the GCE has radarr, sonarr and sabnzbd installed. I restored backups from my EX62 and things are working well in regards to finding downloads, feeding them to sabnzbd, and then importing them into my tdrive. I do however have some questions about how everyone has particular things setup.

1. Should I run the Arr's on both my Plex and Feeder? If so how do you keep them in sync? What I would like to do is have my feeder add items based on trakt.tv lists leaving my ex62 setup to handle items via Ombi.
  2. I know better than to download torrents on the GCE but sometimes I simply need to use Torrents to fill out some series. I tried pointing my sonarr to qbittorrent.mydomain.tld but was not able to get it to work. I tried both ports 443 and 80. Port 443 does not respond. Port 80 responds but tells me the credentials are invalid. I am thinking this is due to PGShield. Any way to do this without removing qbitorrent from PGShield? The same goes for Jackett.
  3. What about pgscan? I have not attempted to set this up on my GCE. Is this possible or do I need to depend on Plex doing partial scans?

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
I have GCE feeder setup. My main Plex server, runs Plex, plexautoscan and rutorrent and a few other minor apps.

Sonarr, radarr, nzbget, hyydra etc all run on the GCE. I don't bother running 2 versions and trying to keep them in sync. For stuff that Usenet can't fill, then I'll manually add a torrent and move the file myself.

End of each trial, just backup data and restore.

UncleBuck

Elite
Original poster
Staff
Dec 21, 2018
How do you have your plexautoscan setup? Doob told me about Drive_Monitoring but I have yet to try and set that up.

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
Plexautoscan is being incorporated into pg10x.

Just followed instructions at the start of this thread, worked fine for me.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending