<SOLVED> location of Gdrive folders for media | PlexGuide.com

<SOLVED> location of Gdrive folders for media

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

rgr1

Citizen
Original poster
Donor
Oct 27, 2018
I had no issues with 7.7 version being able to search and see every folder on my gdrive. However, with the new v8.2.1, the /unionfs contains no folders and is not writable to gdrive. /mnt/grive has folders (movies, tv etc.) available but it doesn't correspond with the gdrive remote folders. Creating files in those folders do not copy it to gdrive.

What folder location should I type to access gdrive media files when in (plex ip):32400/web ?

I setup plex through PG box core
I setup the PG Clone Oauth + Mounts (used the same api client/key as my old server)

I was able to successfully backup plex on my gdrive from PG vault backups.

Sorry to ask, I looked for over an hour and still can't find answers for v8 on.

Stryk3r

Experienced
Staff
Oct 26, 2018
You kinda picked a bad time to update lol. There have just been a lot of issues with changes to the unionfs system the last couple days, however they should all be resolved as of now.

First upgrade to 8.2.2, then redeploy PGClone using which ever method you had setup before (move or blitz).
That should fix the issues with the /mnt/unionfs folder being empty. If you STILL can't see anything in unionfs, so a sudo status unionfs and post the results so we can see any errors that may be stopping unionfs from running properly.

as for folders, there was a change in mount locations from v7 to v8. All the arr app's now use /mnt/unionfs as the path for files and needs to be updated if you haven't done that since upgrading. Plex can use either /mnt/unionfs OR /unionfs, both mounts are available for compatibility reasons. However it would be best to move to /mnt/unionfs if this doesn't cause you to have to rescan your whole library (or you don't mind rescanning your whole library) as this will put it in line with the new mount structure moving forward.

Hopefully this gets you back on track

Reactions: 1 users

rgr1

Citizen
Original poster
Donor
Oct 27, 2018
Thank you. I will try with the new version.
Appreciate the quick response. I'm new to this, but trying.

rgr1

Citizen
Original poster
Donor
Oct 27, 2018
I am still having issues, but now unionfs status seems to be good. (see attached)
I just can't get plex web (plexip:32400/web) to see the gdrive folders.

I tried almost every folder listing typing in directly: /mnt/unionfs/Movies /unionfs/Movies /mnt/gdrive/Movies

Thoughts?

Attachments

M

MrDoob

Redeploy and use REMOTE and not PlexPass ..
There is an Bug in the install .

Use the Plex-Basic

And Claim it agian

Reactions: 1 user

rgr1

Citizen
Original poster
Donor
Oct 27, 2018
YOU ROCK!!

That was it. Fixed. I see my gdrive folders now under ../mnt/unionfs/

Reactions: 1 user

murkr

Experienced
Donor
Nov 5, 2018
Is there a way to restore from a v7 backup without upgrading the server that it's currently on?

rgr1

Citizen
Original poster
Donor
Oct 27, 2018
Sorry, I do not know. I did a complete new install on a new OS since my collection is smaller.

Stryk3r

Experienced
Staff
Oct 26, 2018
Is there a way to restore from a v7 backup without upgrading the server that it's currently on?
You can always restore on the same versions. The backup app just zips and copies and the files onto gdrive. You can still restore a v7 backup onto v8, it's just you have to modify some settings to make it work post upgrade. If you haven't upgraded there is no problem to restore.

murkr

Experienced
Donor
Nov 5, 2018
You can always restore on the same versions. The backup app just zips and copies and the files onto gdrive. You can still restore a v7 backup onto v8, it's just you have to modify some settings to make it work post upgrade. If you haven't upgraded there is no problem to restore.
Ok thanks will try with the other containers, when ever I tried to restore the plex one it would break

Stryk3r

Experienced
Staff
Oct 26, 2018
Ok thanks will try with the other containers, when ever I tried to restore the plex one it would break
Might cause issues if there was already a plex folder with data. You can always just rename your plex folder before you restore to make sure the restore is clean.

1. First stop the plex container.
2. cd /opt/appdata
3. sudo mv plex plex.bak

Now run the restore and nothing should break. Once you confirm it's working, you can delete the plex.bak folder to free up space. If something goes horribly wrong... delete the plex folder and rename plex.bak back to plex, and you're back where you started.

Reactions: 1 users

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending