Sonarr - Sonarr causing constant 200mbit throughput | PlexGuide.com

Sonarr Sonarr causing constant 200mbit throughput

• Thread starter ribso
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1K
  • Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
R

ribso

Original poster
I've recently noticed my setup is 'uploading' files that have already been uploaded.
Using pgblitz unencrypted.
pglog shows that its uploading files to gdrive/tdrive however these are shows that were already downloaded and sync'd to gdrive over 24hours ago.

Happening on GCE and a VPS.

It's defiantly something Sonarr is doing.. I killed the docker process and traffic levels return to idle.

Sonarr is also extremely sluggish once executed, to the point of being useless and unresponsive.

R

ribso

Original poster
What is happening is that files are being constantly added to /mnt/move/tv triggering pgblitz to want to do its thing.
The strange thing is the graphs are indicating the traffic is moving downstream and not upstream so I'm honestly at a loss on what is actually going on and why.

R

ribso

Original poster
I have sonarr looking at /unionfs/tv/ is this correct?
I can try /mnt/tdrive/tv ?

I still dont understand why files are being added to /mnt/move/tv/ after they have already been downloaded and PGBLITZ'd to gdrive.

R

ribso

Original poster
Possible its coinciding with Sonarr's 'RefreshSeries' job.

Edit: This seems to be a constant, whichever series is being "refreshed, updated whatever" is getting moved/copied/something into /mnt/move/tv

https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/issues/1592

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ribso

Original poster
Also, for what its worth, Plex hasnt actually detected any new files. So again, its an annoyance.

hooper

Governer
Staff
Donor
Aug 1, 2018
Sonarr has some features under media management that might be causing issues. Analyze media files and change file date could potentially cause a lot of unnecessary activity. Do you have those 2 features enabled?

Qbert

Citizen
Sep 30, 2018
Sonarr has some features under media management that might be causing issues. Analyze media files and change file date could potentially cause a lot of unnecessary activity. Do you have those 2 features enabled?
Analyze media files is definetly off, change file date I'm not sure. But currently I have the containers stopped as the complete system crawls to a halt when this situation happens

R

ribso

Original poster
I have this option disabled, along with change file date. I'm hoping that it will finish doing what its doing soon and i'll restart the container again as I have a rather empty library, most of my data is still sitting 'on prem' storage next to me.
~30 episodes to go and I'll hopefully have an answer.

R

ribso

Original poster
Good news, for now things have returned to stable, so I've started to index a few more older shows to see if I can recreate this problem. Will keep this thread updated.

@Qbert - Sonarr performance has returned to normal.

Qbert

Citizen
Sep 30, 2018
Mine doesn't. And I still think it has to do with the unionfs mount. Only the /mnt/move part is writable. Therefore any change sonarr does will result in a write to /mnt/move. What I can't figure out is why sonarr does any changes/writes on imported media.

R

ribso

Original poster
My concern is if I upload XXTB of data, that it will do this all over again.

Note this data would be sent directly to Gdrive then 'scanned/imported' into Sonarr.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending