Sonarr - Sonarr - Changed download path now they won't DL? | PlexGuide.com

Sonarr Sonarr - Changed download path now they won't DL?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

MrSweet1991

Experienced+
Original poster
Jan 30, 2019
Hi All,

So I'm very close to achieving what I want, I set OMBI up last night and I was amazed to find a request find it's way all the way to rutorrent and download! but of course it downloads to th default directory so I simply opened rutorrent settings from Sonnar > Download Clients > rutorrent and in the field "Directory" I changed to /mnt/unionfs/tv but that's when things started to go wrong. All downloads would get queued or state they're "downloading" but don't connect to seeders..

Sonnar Log

19-2-6 09:41:59.3|Info|NzbSearchService|Searching 1 indexers for [torrentname : season/episode] <<changed the name of the download for this post
19-2-6 09:41:59.7|Info|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing 13 releases
19-2-6 09:42:01.6|Info|DownloadService|Report sent to rutorrent. The name of the torrent
19-2-6 09:42:01.8|Info|EpisodeSearchService|Episode search completed. 1 reports downloaded.
19-2-6 09:42:20.8|Info|RssSyncService|Starting RSS Sync
19-2-6 09:42:21.4|Info|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing 50 releases
19-2-6 09:42:21.5|Info|RssSyncService|RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 50, Reports grabbed: 0
19-2-6 09:46:21.6|Info|SceneMappingService|Updating Scene mappings

In Sonarr the activity page shows the torrent as "downloading" and in that particular torrent the path is correct /mnt/unionfs/tv/Torrent_name

rutorrent default download path is still "/mnt/downloads/rutorrent" but I don't believe that is an issue as the torrent passed into rutorrent does set the download path to /mnt/unionfs/tv

Update, setting the rutorrent directory for downloads in Sonarr back to default (which defaults to /mnt/downloads/rutorrent" works fine but I'm now stuck again with downloads not uploading to gdrive

Another Update
It's now working! in the wiki for Sonarr setup there wasn't any mention of the remote path setting in Sonarr (Sonarr > Settings > Download Clients > Remote Path Mapping" I only came across this on the PG Clone wiki which I probably read in the early stages and didn't understand it haha, But Sonarr moved the download from /mnt/downloads/rutorrent" to "/mnt/unionfs/tv" which I specified in the remote path mapping and the download is now sitting in /mnt/move so I'm just refreshing gdrive to see the magic!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
S

subse7en

Why would you do this??? Did you miss the tons of bold warnings that say
Don't touch the download directories, PG sets them up by default.

Do not ever download into /mnt/unionfs.

I have these in the changelog, on my posts, on the wiki ,etc.

Go through the wiki and make sure you apps match the configuration listed.

The wiki lists it but admin moved it out to a separate page. But it's still in the sonarr/radarr wiki

MrSweet1991

Experienced+
Original poster
Jan 30, 2019
Why would you do this??? Did you miss the tons of bold warnings that say
Don't touch the download directories, PG sets them up by default.

Do not ever download into /mnt/unionfs.

I have these in the changelog, on my posts, on the wiki ,etc.

Go through the wiki and make sure you apps match the configuration listed.

The wiki lists it but admin moved it out to a separate page. But it's still in the sonarr/radarr wiki

Hi mate,

I fixed the issue about 10 mins after posting and mentioned it in the last update paragraph? Also,this is why I was a little confused. Below is the Sonarr configuration wiki detailed by the admin which I used:

https://plexguide.com/threads/sonarr-configuration.323/

It doesn't mention anything to do with the remote path and of course, to me it made sense to change the download path at the time but encountered this issue as a result, after writing this question to get some help I continued to research as I always do and the remote paths was actually mentioned in the PG Clone wiki and that's how I managed to resolve my issue quickly after submitting this question.

I'm very happy with my setup now! it was amazing to see an Ombi request go through all those apps and eventually appear on Plex! I'm now going to look into a server to just to get a load of content into Plex. Is it possible to use any of the installation I've done on my local to speed the setup on a server? If not it's no problem I've re-installed PLEXGUIDE I don't know how many times :ROFLMAO:

MrSweet1991

Experienced+
Original poster
Jan 30, 2019
@MrSweet1991 don't change the download paths. put things back to the way they were to fix this issue.
Hi Hooper, as I mentioned in the last update paragraph I did in my post I actually fixed the issue just 10 minutes or so after typing the question up. As I mentioned, I followed the sonarr configuration wiki detailed by the admin but this doesn't actually reference the remote paths which is how the downloads are done properly, it was only because I continued to search and found the PG Clone wiki had the information detailing the remote paths.

But I'm happy to confirm my plex setup is finally working, ombi requests go through everything and end up on Gdrive encrypted :D

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending