Sonarr - Sonarr - Configuration | PlexGuide.com

Sonarr Sonarr - Configuration

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
[Back To Main Wiki Homepage]

Sonarr Configurations
  • Sonnar - http://ipv4address:8989
  • Settings: Click in the upper right
    • Advanced Settings: Turn on, far right, flip on and [Click] save
  • Media Management Tab
  • Rename Episodes: Flip to yes
  • Analyse Video Files: Flip to no (if you forget, you will hit the 24hr Google Ban all the time)
  • [Click] save changes at the top right
  • Profiles Tab - >> This is just a recommendation <<
    • Keep the (Any) profile, delete the rest. To delete, click the profiles and [Click] the delete button
    • [Click] Any (the settings below are recommended)
    • Cutoff WEBDL-720p
    • Qualities - Follow the order and have the ones listed below on; not listed... keep off (recommendation)
      • Bluray-1080p
      • Bluray-720p
      • WEBDL-1080p
      • HDTV-1080p
      • HDTV-720p
      • DVD
      • WEBDL-480p
      • SDTV
      • Unknown
    • [Click] save changes at top right
  • Indexers Tab: You will need at least one provider
  • SABNZBD or NZBGET: Turn this one on
    • Name: SABNZBD or NZBGET
    • Host: Domain or IPV4 Address (do not use local host)
    • Port: 8090 (for SABNZB) or 6789 (for NZBGET)
    • API Key:
  • Username: If you made a username in SAB, then put it here; otherwise leave blank
    • Password: If you made a password in SAB, then put it here; otherwise leave blank
    • Category: TV
    • Recent Priority: Hight
    • Older Priority: Normal or Low (if you love TV downloads more than movies; make normal)
    • [Click] Test - if having problems, check your IP, port, username and etc. Trust me, it's you.
    • [Click] Save - if all is well
  • General Tab:
    • Security:
      • Authentication:
      • Forms (Login Page)
        • Username: remember it
        • Password: remember it
    • Automatic: On
    • [Click] save changes at top right
    • Series Icon: [Click] at the top
    • Either click Import (if you have shows) or Add Series (if you don't or want more)
    • If your rclone is working, then when you add a path... it
    • Should be: /unionfs/tv/ (May Take a Minute)
    • [Click] Ok at the very bottom
    • In the future if you have shows already and you click import, click the TV Folder under RECENT
Sonarr for Rutorrent and Deluge.
  1. Make sure under Settings -> Media Management you have "Analyse video files" turned OFF
    .(If you cannot see that option, at the top right click the "Advanced Settings" box)
Also enable renaming of episodes.

Indexer

For torrents from providers like IPT you will need to use Jackett(refer to Jackett setup)

Select Torznab.

1. Paste in your URL you got from Jackett(click Copy Torznab Feed on the Indexer from Jackett you want)
  2. Paste in your API Key (copy the API key from Jackett at the top left)
  3. Click Save
  4. On the "Download Client" tab we will add rutorrent or deluge. RUTORRENT:
    Click the add symbol and add click rtorrent.
Give it a name.

For host give it an ip address or domain name.(you can try localhost here but sometimes that doesn't work.)

Port: 8999 (write down your port when doing the rtorrent container install it might be different to mine.)

URL Path leave it as is.

Then click test. If successful congrats! If it is not then try a different Host and make sure your port is correct.

[Back To Main Wiki Homepage]

Last edited:

Escondido

Experienced+
Feb 16, 2018
Your guides rock man. Quick question for future reference. All tv shows and movies should go in the unionfs folder if we're using the google drive template, right ? Then that'll send em to gdrive and plexdrive ?

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Your guides rock man. Quick question for future reference. All tv shows and movies should go in the unionfs folder if we're using the google drive template, right ? Then that'll send em to gdrive and plexdrive ?

Yup, haha just saw this :D

PEye2000

Citizen
Mar 5, 2018
I am trying to use Radarr and Sonarr on my QNAP NAS, when I click to start it, opens my Broswer BUT will not connect, This is what is in the address Bar....

http://ipv4address:8989
in place of ipv4 of course is my NAS address..

Hope someone can steer me in right direction.. Thank, John

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I am trying to use Radarr and Sonarr on my QNAP NAS, when I click to start it, opens my Broswer BUT will not connect, This is what is in the address Bar....

Ya so the question is can what your using communicate to your NAS. I apologize, I have 0 experience with QNAP, but that might the biggest clue. You sure you don't want to goto the gdrive route?

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018

Hey there!
What QNAP server is it?

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
I am working with the TVS-882BR
Ooo nice!:cool:
Are you running ubuntu directly on it or through a qnap app?
I don't know much about running ubuntu on a nas, but just trying to get more info from you to see if someone else might know something!;)

PEye2000

Citizen
Mar 5, 2018
QNAP’s software, QTS 4.x.x something, PlexPy will login ok using the same ip, but different Port, and I know the 7878 is use somewhere else...

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
can you do me a favor, open a new thread under PG main. this kinda throws it off :D just post and we'll see

spediegun

Active
Donor
Mar 13, 2018
I have created a connection to plex media server so that when a new show is downloaded and added it will update the plex library. However I’m noticing that plex is updating before the show is officially in my movie folder the reason i know plex has run an update is because i would notice other new content was added to the plex library from the previous sonarr download. Are there any changes in my settings I could make to rectify the problem ?

WonderBud

Citizen+
May 7, 2018
Linux noobie here -

With Sonarr reading from UnionFS (using Gdrive), where do the files from Rutorrent actually get downloaded originally?

When I linked the UnionFS in the dropdown under "Add Media" my UnionFS drive showed 850+GB of space. After a few days of automatic TV show downloads (which are working great by the way) the UnionFS is now showing closer to 779GB. I know that the change in space cannot be solely due to metadata as I've only downloaded 15-25 episodes, none over 1.5GB.

Where do I need to go to clear out my server space after Gdrive has the files already?

Noticed that when I run "df -h" I get this:
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /dev
tmpfs 1.6G 154M 1.5G 10% /run
/dev/mapper/vg-root 900G 76G 779G 9% /
tmpfs 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sda5 961M 100M 813M 11% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg-tmp 945M 1.3M 879M 1% /tmp
unionfs 900G 76G 779G 9% /mnt/unionfs
gdrive: 1.0P 21T 1.0P 2% /mnt/gdrive

When running "df -H" the results are different:
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 8.4G 0 8.4G 0% /dev
tmpfs 1.7G 162M 1.6G 10% /run
/dev/mapper/vg-root 967G 82G 836G 9% /
tmpfs 8.5G 0 8.5G 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.3M 0 5.3M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 8.5G 0 8.5G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sda5 1.1G 104M 853M 11% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg-tmp 991M 1.3M 922M 1% /tmp
unionfs 967G 82G 836G 9% /mnt/unionfs
gdrive: 1.2P 23T 1.2P 2% /mnt/gdrive

I'm so confused on how this is actually working.. Here's a pic from Sonarr where it used to show unionFS as around 850GB before downloading anything.

pb1051

Experienced
Nov 6, 2018
I get the error in Sonarr that /unionfs/tv does not exist. I then sudo mkdir /mnt/unionfs/tv and when I use this dir in Sonarr it tells me that "Folder is not writable by user abc "

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending