Sonarr/Radarr Remote Downloader | PlexGuide.com

Sonarr/Radarr Remote Downloader

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Azlaroc

Citizen
Original poster
Donor
Jan 29, 2018
Here is what I am trying to do.

Server1
GCE Feeder running sonarr/radarr/nzbget

Server2
Hetzner server running plex
rutorrent/deluge (proposed)

I would like to put a torrent downloder like rutorrent or deluge on Server2 and have sonarr/radarr control the downloads from Server1.

The problem is completed download handling. sonarr/radarr need to rename the files and move them to the correct folders in unionfs but sonarr/radarr are on a different server than the downloader.

I have seen people talk about using sshfs, rclone over sftp, and rsync but I do not understand how to correctly set this up with plexguide.

Was hoping someone out there has already attempted this and has a working solution.

captngimpy

Experienced+
Staff
Mar 14, 2018
I have been thinking about this for a while and really haven't found real substantial. I essentially want to move sonarr and radarr off the the gce so I only have to reinstall nzbget when I cycle gce's and then mount a path on the hetzner. In theory you would need to mnt a path say /mnt/remote on the hetzer and then map that to the remote download path on the gce. My issue here is when it goes to move it to /mnt/move would it try to download it to the hetnzer then move it. Or would it move it on the gce to the move folder.

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
Don't see the point in moving radarr and sonarr off the GCE, since it is doing most of the bulk downloading.

Also reinstalling GCE, really doesn't take that long. Install radarr and restore from backup.

If you have remote drives mapped between GCE and another server. Moving files with radarr, it's going to copy them from GCE to server then to Gdrive.

I have been a long torrent user for years but gave made the switch to usenet for mostly everything.

I did have 2 instances of radarr, installed on separate servers. One for 4k and the other for 1080p. The 4k one did use torrents but now switched to usenet for it. 2 instances of radarr installed on GCE along with sonarr and nzbget/nzbhydra.

My main server has rutorrent. Mainly used manually now for movies that can't get on usenet, ill use pgmove to move them.

Another possible option is to use radarrsync. Have 2 radarr instances , one radarr uses rutorrent (server) , nzbget (GCE).

Your GCE is the main server. The sync would run from rutorrent server to GCE server. Cron job.

Just configure both the uhd profiles to cutoff at 1080p remux (example) on both radarr servers. The file paths for the movies on both servers will be the same.

You could just add movies via your server. Have sync run every 15 minutes. Set a time delay for torrent search. In theory when job syncs and if usenet can find it then it will download and move the movie.

Before radarr on your main server searches for a torrent we want it to pick up on downloaded movies. I think by default it refreshes movies once a day. So the torrent delay would need to be set for longer than a day. Movie refreshes, it will either show as downloaded and shouldn't trigger a search or its still missing then it will search for a movie.

But think this is just a tad overcomplicated. Hence why I just search and add manually.

Azlaroc

Citizen
Original poster
Donor
Jan 29, 2018
I did not know about the radarsync option that is interesting. So 2 radarr servers that keep thier DB's in sync. that option would work maybe but i would need to do that for sonarr/radarr/lidarr and potentially any other application of the like. I would like a cleaner option that doesnt require running multiple instances of radarr sonarr etc.

Hashman

Citizen
Dec 3, 2019
Not sure
But you could do part of it with rutorrent.

You can use anyone rutorrent if they give you the address and auth information.

Maybe a rclone mount as well.

Azlaroc

Citizen
Original poster
Donor
Jan 29, 2018
Now that I have had time to do some research I can better propose my question. I would like to have radarr/sonarr/lidar etc. be able to download with rutorrent/deluge but when it comes time to move and rename completed, I want the files to move directly between Server2 and gsuite. I dont want the files downloaded to Server1 to then have to move to gsuite. I am hoping rclone over sftp gets me this option but I am not sure. That is what I am currently working to get up and running but i thought there has got to be a better option. at the end of the day what I want to do is simple I want radarr/sonarr on server1 to send move instructions to server2 to have it move files from /mnt/unionfs/rutorrent to /mnt/unionfs/movies, tv, etc without having to download anything to server1.

I hope I explained myself clearly. Please let me know what you guys think.

Server1
GCE Feeder running sonarr/radarr/nzbget

Server2
Hetzner server running plex
rutorrent/deluge (proposed)

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
You can't do that , the files will have to be processed on your GCE server. Even using an rclone mount, the files will be copied to GCE server before moving to your main server pgmove/blitz folder.

You either bite the bullet and do torrents manually and switch all over to nzbget or you find efficient way to sync 2 radarr instances.
Post automatically merged:

Another option,

Last edited:

Azlaroc

Citizen
Original poster
Donor
Jan 29, 2018
Thank you for the input. So unless i want to run a synced pair of sonarr/radarr servers then there is no way except to bring the data from server1 to server2 and not directly to gsuite. so i think i'll just make the mappings with rclone over sftp and let sonarr/radarr copy and rename files that way. If I find a better way I will post it. Thank you to all!

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
This is a very common scenario and one that many people use since many use torrent seedboxes. As you mentioned there are a few options. Sshfs is decent if the peering between your two servers is good. Otherwise you'll want to use something like syncthing. In both cases you will need to configure remote mappings in sonarr/radarr so it knows where to pick up the files from.

With regards to how to set it up with Plex guide, it's pretty easy, and unless I'm missing something there is nothing unique to set it up in plexguide. My setup is as follows:

Secondary downloader downloads to /home/userid/downloads
Pg server has sshfs mount the remote servers /home/userid/downloads to /mnt/downloads/complete

Sonarr/radarr has path mappings that redirect file pulls from /home/userid/downloads to /mnt/downloads/complete.

If peering is bad (i.e. slow download speeds over sshfs) then add an extra step of installing syncthing on the remote and local server. Then tell syncthing to sync those two folders together. As an added tip, you may want to add sync exclusions such as *.rar, *.r*, *.0*, *.1*, *.2*, *.3*, *sample*.*, *.iso, *.nfo, etc or make an inclusive list like *.mkv, *.Avi, *.mp4, etc etc so you aren't syncing the rars and samples across, just the media files. If you know which route you want to go but get stuck post back here and I'll try to help out.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
I just read your update about not wanting anything to touch server1. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't know of anyway of doing this. Sshfs is probably the closest method since then server1 is simply acting as a staging area and relay between your downloads and gsuite, but the files will still pass through server1, they just won't remain there for very long.

The other nice thing about the sshfs method over syncthing is when you download entire seasons or multiple seasons of a show, syncthing syncs one file at a time. Sonarr sees the torrent is complete and scans the folder for files. As soon as the first episode of many is synced, sonarr processes it then assumes the torrent is done, even though many more episodes have yet to sync. With sshfs, the files appear on the mount at the same time as the remote system, so all episodes sync properly, but again this is only helpful if sshfs has good peering so it can copy the data at a reasonable pace.

bodgeup

Experienced
Staff
FreeLancer
Donor
Aug 12, 2018
If you were to ask me, then id say: -
u dont need to move or copy across servers as long as you have setup as per the wiki i.e. the remote mappings, as long as you have mounted the same Gdrive to both servers they both will see the same / one Gdrive so the remote mappings are hard links so its only renaming folders. So just make it simple and dont move data across servers unless you really really really have too as it kinda defeats the object and is slow as hell unless your lucky and have 1gbps at home:) Well thats how ive been doing it for a while. Personally I keep my library & indexer apps with my media apps and my downloading apps on my fastest WAN servers (GCE normally unless i cant do so) then i just make sure my firewall rules are set so that only my IP can access ports required on download apps from my ip aswell as not closing all ports or excluding apps from that or the same for PGShield. (If you are leaving out those last couple options namely ports & PGShield make sure you have other measures in place to keep out unwanted traefik.

Thanks for reading all!

(Side not Sorry PG ive been away from the site for while but im back)

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending