Sonarr - Sonarr V3 connection to Plex | PlexGuide.com

Sonarr Sonarr V3 connection to Plex

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

indochild

Experienced
Original poster
Mar 13, 2018
I'm not sure if something changed with a Sonarr update, but i'm having trouble connecting Sonarr V3 to Plex to autoscan. It says the host is incorrect, but i'm just using plex. Am I doing something wrong? I swear it was working two days ago.

loa92

Active
Donor
Aug 31, 2018
I'm not sure if something changed with a Sonarr update, but i'm having trouble connecting Sonarr V3 to Plex to autoscan. It says the host is incorrect, but i'm just using plex. Am I doing something wrong? I swear it was working two days ago.
I appears that I am having the same issue. I’m using the internal hostname of plex, but Sonarr is reporting problems connecting to Plex. I’ll try troubleshooting tonight.

Porkie

Experienced+
Staff
Aug 9, 2018
Well you could just try the server ip rather than the host name. Host name is better ofc in case of ip changes, but it good to see if its working that way.

Porkie

Experienced+
Staff
Aug 9, 2018
if plex and sonarr are on the same machine does it why does that even matter, its all internal?

indochild

Experienced
Original poster
Mar 13, 2018
if plex and sonarr are on the same machine does it why does that even matter, its all internal?
tried the IP and it didnt work. I was under the impression that you couldn't use IP if you were using reverse proxy.

Porkie

Experienced+
Staff
Aug 9, 2018
if all your apps are on the same host then ofc you can, hostnames just make it easier to remember rather than remembering a ip. plex is must easier the 192.168.201.305 for example

TheCrank

Citizen+
Apr 15, 2018
I'm just following along here. I have tried everything now, nothing works for me.
plex.MYDOMAIN.dk
Portainer interal IP
Server IP
plex

Reactions: 1 user

Cthe1

Experienced+
Mar 5, 2019
Looks like an SSL error, try these settings:
Plex - Settings - Network - Secure connections > Preferred
Sonarr - Settings - Connect - Use SSL > Off

Reactions: 2 users