Sonarr - Sonarr4k, Radarr4k? Whats the use? | PlexGuide.com

Sonarr Sonarr4k, Radarr4k? Whats the use?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Rick7C2

Citizen+
Original poster
Mar 15, 2018
I looked at Sonarr4k and Radarr4k and it seems to be the same as the non 4k version.

So whats the point? Why would someone need the 4k version?

Xployt

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Sep 26, 2018
What do you download currently 1080?
Apologies for the short answer, currently at work so I'm editing now ha! I use the seperate instances so I can then have quality control over 1080 and 4K. Otherwise Sonarr/Radarr will just overwrite the pre-existing 1080 copy with a 4K one. Which would be slightly annoying. This just helps to have individual libraries based on quality.
I can only suggest using 4K locally anyway unless you're paying for a kickass dedicated remote server....if not then agreed what is the point.

Last edited:

dinklegeta

Experienced
Aug 9, 2018
Usually for septate libraries, on Plex for example I have Movies FHD and Movies 4K libraries. Sonarr and Radarr don't allow multiple versions and therefore don't allow those versions to go to different paths so by having a completely separate sonarr and radarr container you can separate the two.

Reactions: 1 user

hooper

Governer
Staff
Donor
Aug 1, 2018
I find Radarr4K useful to keep proper track of 4K content. I have a different root folder for 4K UHD than for 1080p content and using both of these ensures that I have a 1080p download also for stuff that is also available 4K. Not everyone who uses my plex system can stream or display 4K content and I don't want to have to transcode it down to those that cannot.

Rick7C2

Citizen+
Original poster
Mar 15, 2018
ahh ok all that makes sense now. IS there anyway to keep the shows/movies in sync with each other or does the media have to be added to each instance.

Would I have to run to ombi's? or can one ombi add the request to each sonarr and radarr?

dinklegeta

Experienced
Aug 9, 2018
ahh ok all that makes sense now. IS there anyway to keep the shows/movies in sync with each other or does the media have to be added to each instance.

Would I have to run to ombi's? or can one ombi add the request to each sonarr and radarr?
It would have to be added on each instance, for ombi you can install a separate container for the 4K containers. Should be called ombi4k in PG.

Xployt

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Sep 26, 2018
Honestly there aren't that many true 4K films out there right now. So I suggest maybe adding a list from Trakt for Radarr to help speed things up.
Sonarr shouldn't take long to manually add 4K shows.

dinklegeta

Experienced
Aug 9, 2018
Even if most 4K movies aren't truly 4K they still have advantages like HDR and sometimes better audio tracks/options than a standard blu-ray.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
subdomains fixed, just relaunch them

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending