Local time
4:25 PM
Sep 25, 2018
Mount Type
Move Unencrypted
Server Type
Remote - VPS
Hey all
Anyone experiencing any speed issues recently? Over the past week my server is saying that connection is not good enough to direct play. Not sure what version of PG i'm using. I've not had to play with it for awhile!

Using a VPS hosted at Contabo (Been perfect for over 14 months & TeamDrive.
My Net is 75 down and 8 up constant.
VPS is 199 Down and 185 Up constant.

before last week it would direct play most files. Now it won’t even play a 480p without wanting to transcode

all speeds are still constant and other things play just fine - Netflix etc.

Any ideas? Have tried restarting the server, updating everything (Just not PG)

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
11:25 AM
Jan 17, 2018
it could be anything. have you tried to download a huge file from your gdrive/tdrive to your local server and see how fast it moves. not saying it's the best way, but could be a small idea.

bubbadk

Legendary Member
Staff
Local time
5:25 PM
Mar 18, 2018
Denmark
how long ago have it been since you last rebooted your server. Sometimes (not often) everything clutters. But i recently went from contabo to hetzner. I too had many problems with contabo. Maybe it's a contabo issue.
And contabo uses old servers with crappy cpu's and old harddrives. Maybe you should consider to make a change :)

bubbadk

Legendary Member
Staff
Local time
5:25 PM
Mar 18, 2018
Denmark
and and.. you are using a vps. maybe there are many users on that server you are on :)

pxacco

Original poster
Local time
4:25 PM
Sep 25, 2018
All good points. I will take a look at changing things around. Restarted every three days normally.
Post automatically merged:

So to update peoples (If you care ;-) ) I've come to the conclusion it's my ISP.

I can play right now in the morning a 4K Perfectly fine, direct play onto my TV. Tonight I would have to transcode anything I play to 720P.

Going to do some port changing and see what happens later tonight, failing that I will be contacting my ISP - They guarantee never to throttle any traffic even at peak times!
Post automatically merged:

Update 2 -

It is indeed my ISP throttling traffic through the plex port.

A quick change of port has fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: bubbadk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.