Speedtest-Tracker and Organizr | PlexGuide.com

Speedtest-Tracker and Organizr

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
While it looks simple enough to install, what advantage does it give over:
wget -qO- bench.sh | bash
The benchmark option in PG
The inbuilt speedtest server
The rclone benchmark under options

I mean if my server is downloading/uploading constantly, what do I gain from having this try and take bandwidth away from doing something productive? It'll always be lower than the connection speed unless the server is idle, I get it is another widget for organizr, but it seems like a widget for the sake of a widget?

Reactions: 1 user

bigdork

Citizen+
Original poster
Aug 20, 2019
I guess my answer is similar to why some people dedicate resources to Tautulli or Varkan - historical/semi-live data presented in a visually pleasing and at-a-glance format.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
Really poor comparison. Tautulli logs historical data, that generally isn't affected because you are downloading/uploading data in the background. For your data to have any significance - let alone be in any way comparable to any other data - you'd need to stop downloads and uploads at a set time to benchmark, then resume them. Every hour. If you don't then your SAB/Get downloads will take the majority of your bandwidth along with and Plex etc. tasks/streams and uploads. I love stats and data, but pointless data is just noise.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending