Spotweb | PlexGuide.com

Spotweb

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018

Kaboutertje2

Citizen
Original poster
Apr 23, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Jackalblood

Citizen+
Jan 17, 2018
obfuscation on alot of releases will make this alot less useful then you may think however

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
ok put on the todo list, maybe a hot minute :D the key thing is how to get it to work with what we do; that's what i'm lost on :D

Reactions: 1 users

haagsemark

Experienced
Staff
Donor
Sep 23, 2018
installed it ,..and works like a charm still the best usenet indexer there is ,...

haagsemark

Experienced
Staff
Donor
Sep 23, 2018
make a data-only container:

docker run --name docker-spotweb-db -d -v /var/lib/mysql tutum/ubuntu:trusty

setup a mysql container:

docker run --name docker-spotweb-mysql -d -p 3306:3306 -e MYSQL_DATABASE=spotweb -e MYSQL_USER=spotweb -e MYSQL_PASSWORD=spotweb -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=pw4root --volumes-from docker-spotweb-db centurylink/mysql

spotweb container installation:

Initial Installation
First create a database on your database server, and make sure the container has access to the database, then run a temporary container.

docker run -it --rm -p 80:80 \
-e TZ='Europe/Amsterdam' \
jgeusebroek/spotweb

Please NOTE that there is no database configuration here, this will enable the install process.
The run the Spotweb installer using the web interface: 'http://yourhost/install.php'. This will create the necessary database tables and users. Ignore the warning when it tries to save the configuration.
When you are done, exit the container (CTRL/CMD-c) and configure the permanent running container.

Permanent installation
docker run --restart=always -d -p 80:80 \
--hostname=spotweb \
--name=spotweb \
-v <hostdir_where_config_will_persistently_be_stored>:/config \
-e TZ='Europe/Amsterdam' \
-e SPOTWEB_DB_TYPE=pdo_mysql \
-e SPOTWEB_DB_HOST=<database_server_hostname> \
-e SPOTWEB_DB_NAME=spotweb \
-e SPOTWEB_DB_USER=spotweb \
-e SPOTWEB_DB_PASS=spotweb \
jgeusebroek/spotweb

Please NOTE that the volume is optional. Only necessary when you have special configuration settings.
You should now be able to reach the spotweb interface on port 80.

at a cron in crontab:

*/15 * * * * docker exec spotweb su -l www-data -s /usr/bin/php /var/www/spotweb/retrieve.php >/dev/null 2>&1

EasternPA

Experienced
Staff
Mar 3, 2018
@Admin9705 Happy New Year, and I hope all is well.

I've only found two threads discussing this, and this one has the complete setup instructions. Two things:

1. Change the first 80 in each "80:80" to some other port. We run so much stuff here, this doesn't deserve to take port 80.
2. Ignore the "-v" line in the permanent install instructions. It works perfectly fine without it (in my few hours of testing).
3. Obfuscation may have been a problem back in 2018, but my searches and downloads against localhost are working incredibly well.

For those who haven't checked this out yet, Spotweb and Spotnet is for USENET users. You normally use Sonarr and Radarr (and others) to make downloads easy. You normally need indexers to make sense of what's out there. Historically, the data that shows what is actually available for download from USENET was a closely held secret. Now, all of the data required to run an indexer is actually encoded within USENET itself. You only need a tool to read the data and reconstruct the indexer database locally. This does that for us. It would be a massive step forward to get this integrated into pgblitz. No more playing whack-a-mole with indexers.

I went from "what is this?" to running my own indexer in about an hour. Would have been half an hour if I read this post first.

This works, and works really well.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending