• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SSDNodes Plex Transcoding Issues

Elevarion

PG Overlord
Alright, before I go and just blame SSDNodes, I would like to check with others and see if anyone else is having issues or is using a similar setup.

I have a X-Large SSDNodes KVM, 2 Cores 16GB Ram and 8TB Transfer. Getting around 150 Mb Speed test, but only about 10Mb upload to GDrive with a Usenet download of 15Mb on average. Not bad, but not great. Still something I can live with however.

So my issue. Everything is setup and working at this point but I am having serious issues with playback quality. No matter what I am playing it will randomly stutter or stop playing while it buffers. I do seem to get better performance when I manually force the quality setting to original. Which suggest to me that the issue is with a CPU bottleneck on the transcoding. I am working to streamline my settings for this now to see if it helps.

I would of thought this server should have more then enough power for transcoding a few streams, but I am not seeing it.

Any thoughts?

After Signup, PM Admin9705 for a 20% Discount Voucher

Qlogic

PG Ambassador
I have the same VPS, it is complete garbage, there servers are over sold and they will tend to throttle you very quickly. You are probably getting throttled, once you start to trans-code something it usually triggers automatic throttling and you have to wait 24 hours for it to come off, or you can email support but it will just trigger again. Right now i only use the server for OMBI and Jackett because that all it seem it can do, upload speeds are horrible so you can't even use it for sonarr and radarr because it takes forever to upload to google drive

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
Website
plexguide.com
I have the same VPS, it is complete garbage, there servers are over sold and they will tend to throttle you very quickly. You are probably getting throttled, once you start to trans-code something it usually triggers automatic throttling and you have to wait 24 hours for it to come off, or you can email support but it will just trigger again. Right now i only use the server for OMBI and Jackett because that all it seem it can do, upload speeds are horrible so you can't even use it for sonarr and radarr because it takes forever to upload to google drive
Thanks for this. I suspect it was also because I do not have this problem.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs
OP
OP
Elevarion

Elevarion

PG Overlord
That is what I figured based on the Steal CPU Metric, Almost 50% of the CPu. Just hoped it was not the case.

Got a good deal on this KVM, going to be hard to find something similar at anything close to the same price, especially in the US.

Going to see what I can do for the next few days. Still within the 14 Day cancellation period.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected though.

zippy

PG Ambassador
That is what I figured based on the Steal CPU Metric, Almost 50% of the CPu. Just hoped it was not the case.

Got a good deal on this KVM, going to be hard to find something similar at anything close to the same price, especially in the US.

Going to see what I can do for the next few days. Still within the 14 Day cancellation period.

Go to lowendbox or lowendtalk and just browse it once a day in hopes of scoring a decent KVM server. You might not find a cheap one in the US, but Canada usually has some cheap prices, and they are close.

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
Website
plexguide.com

Thanks for dropping by. Will start building an avoid server list and they'll be first on the list :D

After Signup, PM Admin9705 for a 20% Discount Voucher
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.