Tautulli - Stop transcoding by rule(s) through Tautulli (either by color depth or resolution) | PlexGuide.com

Tautulli Stop transcoding by rule(s) through Tautulli (either by color depth or resolution)

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

timekills

VIP
Original poster
Staff
Donor
Sep 12, 2018
This is not a new how-to, as it has been in the forums for a bit, but I've rewritten and added to the Tautulli wiki.

Originally was to stop trancoding from the server side of 4K videos and force Direct Play.
Updated to include prevention of only HDR transcoding (for example, one of my servers has no issue transcoding 4K video through iGPU, but if the video is HDR, including many of the 1080p 10bit videos I have, I still want to prevent the transcosing and subsequent washed-out color from converting to 8-bit as Plex does. For now, anyway.)

Can be used to prevent transcoding at all, by rule (or multiple rules) and provides a pop-up information box to the user explaining why the video was stopped and can include what they need to do to watch it. That way they don't think the "server just crashed."

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
this great info!

Reactions: 1 user

turner123

Experienced
Donor
Nov 26, 2018
This is a gem, set it up now, have it working great will play further thou as this is one hell of a good addition

Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending