Discussion - Subdomain as "main domain" with Cloudflare and Traefik | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Subdomain as "main domain" with Cloudflare and Traefik

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

simongade

Citizen
Original poster
Oct 13, 2018
I have a domain, let's call it mysite.com. I use Cloudflare as DNS and of course utilize Traefik.
I'd like to have all my PGBlitz-stuff on pgblitz.mysite.com – so that portainer is at portainer.pgblitz.mysite.com, plex is at plex.pgblitz.com and so forth. Is that possible?

artiume

Active
Mar 19, 2018
I think the easiest way is to update using PG to make pgblitz.domain.tld your website, your front page will end up being pgblitz.domain.tld at this point.

Next, go to portainer, edit the container that you use as your homepage. Once you are in the edit menu, go to labels and append domain.tld so it looks like this

Host: pgblitz.domain.tld, domain.tld

You don't necessarily have to append it, you could just remove the pgblitz.domain.tld portion.

I'm not sure if PG will remove the modification during updates or rebuilds of the containers.

M

MrDoob

That's not possible >>
portainer.pgblitz.mysite.com

An subdomain before an subdomain

That's never work

Simple..

Google.de. < main domain
translate.google.de < subdomain
and sub before sub dont work

fyi

After upgrade the pgversion you will lose your config !!!

artiume

Active
Mar 19, 2018

subdomains with subdomains do work. the question becomes does CF suppprt it

kennsann

Experienced
Sep 14, 2019
Sorry, but are you serious? That is your reply? DId it answer any question or add anything useful? "Try" and "I don't use CF". It's the same as saying nothing...

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending