Chat Takedown request from the movie database??

murkr

Respected Member
Original poster
Donor
Local time
4:24 PM
Nov 5, 2018
Hi All

I have just received an email from the movie database, I'm confused as to what media they mean but also how the movie database would know?? Anyone else get one of these?
Did they assume I downloaded it because I requested an API?

We're sending you this email to let you know that we have received a takedown request for the following item:
  • Media type: person
  • Media ID: 236647
As an API user who may have downloaded a copy of this data, it is our responsibility to notify you of this request and ask that you remove it from your database as well.
As always, if you have any questions we are happy to help. Click here to send us an email. Thanks for using TMDb!

fattylewis

Local time
Mar 22, 2018
Ignore it, in short they got a request to remove something from their website. They are just asking you to remove it as well. But they dont give enough info as to what they actually want removing. Ignore it and move on. I got it as well.

vFlagR

Respected Member
Staff
Local time
Aug 27, 2018
Glasgow, Scotland
Ignore it, in short they got a request to remove something from their website. They are just asking you to remove it as well. But they dont give enough info as to what they actually want removing. Ignore it and move on. I got it as well.
Ditto, took me a while to realise it was something on their end. I tried to find what the movie was using the ID but since they've removed it from their api already we can't... Bit of a pointless email that will more than likely panic people

fattylewis

Local time
Mar 22, 2018
Exactly, completely pointless on their end but i guess they are just fulfillling their obligation to get it remove anywhere it could have been downloaded.

murkr

Respected Member
Original poster
Donor
Local time
Nov 5, 2018
Found a post on reddit this morning, looks like it may be a takedown request from an actor/actress but seems it can be ignored

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.