Discussion - tdrive.service and gdrive.service | PlexGuide.com

Discussion tdrive.service and gdrive.service

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Assists Greatly with Development Costs

plexguide

Noobz
Original poster
Apr 24, 2018
Hi there,

I modified tdrive.service and gdrive.service files to increase --vfs-read-chunk-size and --buffer-size to prevent plex from clogging when playing movies that have large file size.
But every time when I reboot my server, those two files are restored to its original status.
Is there a way I can make it permanent?
Thanks,

hawk2g

Active
May 2, 2018
If you want to make changes to those files, you will have to "systemctl stop ufsmonitor.service" and "systemctl disable ufsmonitor.service".
This pretty much checks if your unionfs is working correctly by checking for a file in your gdrive/tdrive (some plexguide bin file). If it fails, it stops the services and replaces those files with the default PlexGuide ones and starts the services back up.

Once you make changes to those files, you will have to "systemctl daemon-reload" so you have use those altered service files.

astewart80

Noobz
Sep 3, 2018
Hi there,

I modified tdrive.service and gdrive.service files to increase --vfs-read-chunk-size and --buffer-size to prevent plex from clogging when playing movies that have large file size.
But every time when I reboot my server, those two files are restored to its original status.
Is there a way I can make it permanent?
Thanks,
How did you perform this? I would like to do the same. Is there a thread that explains how to modify the two services?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018

haddoq

Citizen
Feb 11, 2018
That's great... at the moment I started with 8.6.1 but moved to 8.5.8 since you couldn't set transport method in 8.6.1 and that stopped it from doing anything at all, looking forward to being able to try that in another 8.6 version though

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending