Terminal app used in screenshost? | PlexGuide.com

Terminal app used in screenshost?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

evlo

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 13, 2020
Hi, for quite some time I wonder what is the terminal app used in all the screenshots, ie. here https://plexguide.com/home/pgx-status-26-may/ and if it is available on windows?

Closest I came is mobaXterm which have nice highlighting and at least black and white icons, but still not as nice.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Haha it’s putty

evlo

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 13, 2020
Weird, i don't get the colored icons in putty, maybe some special font?

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Well, it has the -----, if your asking about another, i'm using the default terminal on a macbook that does color.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
As above, default OSX terminal :)

evlo

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 13, 2020
But does it have colored icons - ie. rocket icon etc.?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018

PonsterManda

Experienced
Staff
Apr 26, 2019
But does it have colored icons - ie. rocket icon etc.?
No ;(
Post automatically merged:

But Hyper could be a replacement of your terminal including ssh when on linux or macos.
Especially the hyperpower plugin is awesome

Last edited:

unuspromulti

Citizen
Mar 3, 2018
you mean powershell?
It's a bit more than that as it's cross platform ie you can have Powershell, WSL, SSH etc across different tabs and panes. I'm not really a command-line person but it seems pretty powerful and you can make it pretty with all sorts of background effects etc if you're into that.

• Love

evlo

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 13, 2020
I need to learn how to use it more, but icons are there! :love:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I am currently using the windows terminal, works great for me
The only problem I have with Windows terminal is that the input can be messy when back spacing.

MP-JT

Citizen+
Staff
Donor
Apr 21, 2020
Also using the Windows Terminal now, added my machines in the config so i can simply click it and it logins :)
1591786359219.png

crustyakorn

Experienced
Aug 30, 2018
I can recommend Secure Shell App in Google Chrome for those of you on chrome(ium) use. Developed by Google.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/secure-shell-app/pnhechapfaindjhompbnflcldabbghjo

1592039564004.png

You can configure color codes / schemes and it works directly in the browser. No need to download anything. And if you're like me signed in to the browser it transports the plugins from browser to browser as well. This way I always have access to SSH in Chrome from anywhere. :cool:
I prefer a "Matrix-look" and went for all greens. Note how icons work too. Not sure if this is because of the plugin but possibly due to Windows 10 supporting emojis. Assuming this changes based on what platform you use.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending