Discussion - Traefik, another issue with it not working | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Traefik, another issue with it not working

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

navy2x

Active
Original poster
Donor
May 5, 2018
Hey guys,

I had been using plexguide and Traefik just great for several months. I had to change out my home router two weeks ago and ever since then traefik doesn't work properly. I TRIPLE checked to make sure my home IP hadn't changed (it didn't). I've TRIPLE checked all my cloudflare settings and redeployed traefik but it never can validate portainer.

When i visit portainer.mysite.com, I get an error from cloudflare saying "Error 523: Origin is unreachable"

My ports 80 and 443 are still open.

My hair is falling out and I'm not sure what else to do. I am missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Navy2x

prillygoat

Citizen
Dec 10, 2019
Sounds like your previous router was your DHCP server and when you swapped it out your Traefik host's private IP changed. Can you confirm if that is the case? Were you using any static IP addressing internally before hand?

navy2x

Active
Original poster
Donor
May 5, 2018
Yea I was and still am using a static IP. It was 192.168.1.10 and I confirmed its still the same with my new router. I agree it seems like that would be the case. My port forwarding rules are still active as well. I have all ubiquiti gear. So what I changed out was a USG Pro, it easily adopted all my same network configuration. Seems like it should have worked but maybe I just need to install Plexguide all over again.

Yekul

Citizen
Dec 17, 2019
Don't suppose any of your DNS settings etc by chance? What was the old/new router? Exact same?

navy2x

Active
Original poster
Donor
May 5, 2018
I ended up deleting all my DNS settings in cloudflare and starting over, but it still didnt work. I tried it with a different domain as well thru godaddy and it still didn't work. This makes me think its something on my end. I changed out my USG Pro with a new same USG Pro. I haven't had the time yet but I'll try a fresh install of plexguide and see if that works.

navy2x

Active
Original poster
Donor
May 5, 2018
OMG I f***ing got it! Also I'm an idiot. Maybe this will help someone else...

I am double NATed due to having Verizon FiOS and my wife wanting to access our DVRs on our network. There is a very complicated way of solving that and not needing to be double NATed but I decided to just make a DMZ to my USG Pro. I had it set up as a static IP, but when I switched out my new USG Pro it got a new random IP. I often forget that I'm double NATed so this didn;t dawn on me until just a few mins ago. I gave it the old static IP and boom, it worked!

Thanks for your helps guys, prillygoat you were right all along.

Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending