Discussion - Traefik/Containers - 10.0.1 | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Traefik/Containers - 10.0.1

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

zerith

Citizen+
Original poster
Donor
Jun 13, 2019
On Traefik my portainer keeps deploying as
Code:
3162236e4bae        plexinc/pms-docker:plexpass   "/init"             20 seconds ago      Up 18 seconds (healthy)   3005/tcp, 8324/tcp, 1900/udp, 32410/udp, 32400/tcp, 32412-32414/udp, 32469/tcp, 0.0.0.0:9000->9000/tcp
which very much looks like the plex image and I dont know why. I cant seem to get past Traefik install because of this. I tried both 10.0.1c and alpha.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
On Traefik my portainer keeps deploying as
Code:
3162236e4bae        plexinc/pms-docker:plexpass   "/init"             20 seconds ago      Up 18 seconds (healthy)   3005/tcp, 8324/tcp, 1900/udp, 32410/udp, 32400/tcp, 32412-32414/udp, 32469/tcp, 0.0.0.0:9000->9000/tcp
which very much looks like the plex image and I dont know why. I cant seem to get past Traefik install because of this. I tried both 10.0.1c and alpha.
ill check, but dont' understand what traefik has to do with it :D
Post automatically merged:

1591706717728.png

checked, was deployed fine. you might wanna screenshot the menu interface for plex and then portainer.

Attachments

zerith

Citizen+
Original poster
Donor
Jun 13, 2019
It seems i didnt copy the container name, there was one with portainer as well as on for plex both using the plex image. You can see in the example above that the portainer port was added to the end together with plex ports. I've formatted since to retry from scratch but not having any pleasure getting traefik to work. Drives everything deploys without any issues but traefik not giving any nice log details as to why its failing.

I've tried multiple domains also to test if its not blocked by letsencrypt but does not seem to be the problem.

I did a clean install again, and now its showing lidarr.

1591710228308.png

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
It seems i didnt copy the container name, there was one with portainer as well as on for plex both using the plex image. You can see in the example above that the portainer port was added to the end together with plex ports. I've formatted since to retry from scratch but not having any pleasure getting traefik to work. Drives everything deploys without any issues but traefik not giving any nice log details as to why its failing.

I've tried multiple domains also to test if its not blocked by letsencrypt but does not seem to be the problem.

I did a clean install again, and now its showing lidarr.

View attachment 4635
@zerith, your post is really confusing. Your saying didn't copy the container name... your doing something i don't understand. Then your talking about domains. I understand it might be a language barrier. Please list step by step what your trying to do.

This is what i have just deploying regular containers.

1591712694854.png

zerith

Citizen+
Original poster
Donor
Jun 13, 2019
1) do rescue on hosted box and do clean install of ubuntu 18 min.
2) sudo apt update -y && sudo apt dist-upgrade -y
3)
sudo apt install wget && sudo apt install git
4) sudo wget -nc https://raw.githubusercontent.com/plexguide/install/v1/install.sh -O- | sudo bash
5) pgupdate
6) 10.0.1c/alpha
7) select 1(traefik)
8) select cloudflare
9) type domain
10) type emails
11) type key
12) deploy
13) deploy fails
14) check docker ps -a
15) notice that a portainer container was added with the wrong image. First time it was added with plex, last time it was added with the image of lidarr as per the screenshot above.
16) I'm sure traefik would not configure correctly as the expected portainer ports would not be on a plex or lidarr image as portainer was never actually installed within the container

I did the exact same steps now with v8.7.5 and my traefik deploys without any issues. Something weird happening with a clean install on v10.

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
3)
4) sudo wget -nc https://raw.githubusercontent.com/plexguide/install/v1/install.sh -O- | sudo bash
5) pgupdate
6) 10.0.1c/alpha
7) select 1(traefik)
8) select cloudflare
9) type domain
10) type emails
11) type key
12) deploy
13) deploy fails
14) check docker ps -a
15) notice that a portainer container was added with the wrong image. First time it was added with plex, last time it was added with the image of lidarr as per the screenshot above.
16) I'm sure traefik would not configure correctly as the expected portainer ports would not be on a plex or lidarr image as portainer was never actually installed within the container

I did the exact same steps now with v8.7.5 and my traefik deploys without any issues. Something weird happening with a clean install on v10.
k that helps :D. i'll test a clean install before releasing 10.0.2 :D

3)
5) pgupdate
6) 10.0.1c/alpha
7) select 1(traefik)
8) select cloudflare
9) type domain
10) type emails
11) type key
12) deploy
13) deploy fails
14) check docker ps -a

note it might be to the containers having set names now. Just had to think it through. Gonna take a mini break but will check.

3)
5) pgupdate
6) 10.0.1c/alpha
7) select 1(traefik)
8) select cloudflare
9) type domain
10) type emails
11) type key
12) deploy
13) deploy fails
14) check docker ps -a

K try 10.0.2 - https://plexguide.com/home/pgx-10-0-2-beta/

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending