Original poster
Donor
Local time
4:09 PM
Apr 22, 2018
PG Version
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
I restarted my server after it had been running for a while. I noticed that I couldn't access Portainer and then I got the Traefik error when I ran 'sudo pgblitz', so I deployed Traefik again. My Traefik deployment fails on the step where it creates the container:

Code:
TASK [Deploy Traefik] ****************************************************************************************************************************************
Thursday 13 June 2019  16:10:27 +0200 (0:00:00.295)       0:00:05.756 *********
fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Error creating container: UnixHTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=None): Read timed out. (read timeout=60)"}
        to retry, use: --limit @/opt/traefik/traefik.retry

PLAY RECAP ***************************************************************************************************************************************************
127.0.0.1                  : ok=13   changed=7    unreachable=0    failed=1
I upgraded to the latest PG 8.6.5 and redeployed mounts and redeployed traefik. Same error every time.

designator09

Local time
9:09 AM
Feb 4, 2019
Im getting something else similar, after it installs trafeik successfully im getting this and it just sits there, never does anything.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
? Portainer Check

NOTE 1: Do NOT EXIT this interface. Please standby for validation checks!

NOTE 2: Checking on https://(myServer)'s existance.
Please allow 10 seconds for portainer to boot up.

NOTE 3: Be aware that simple mistakes such as bad input, bad domain, or
not knowing what your doing counts for 75% of the problems.

StandBy - Portainer Validation Checks: 0 Seconds
and if I try to add o auth I get this

Friday 14 June 2019 06:23:22 -0400 (0:00:00.905) 0:00:01.839 ***********
===============================================================================
Clone Role -------------------------------------------------------------- 0.91s
Register Project Name --------------------------------------------------- 0.23s
Check if Path Exists ---------------------------------------------------- 0.22s
Register Role ----------------------------------------------------------- 0.14s
Register Project Version ------------------------------------------------ 0.14s
Transfer Image Variable ------------------------------------------------- 0.12s

? Pulling Update Files - Please Wait
Trying on my physical machine at home, tried 8.6.5 newest one on 18.04 and then decided to try debian to see if that was the issue and even started over fresh install on 8.6.3, still getting same error on multiple os's using go daddy, trafeik says it has been deployed if you go back in and I can access portainer.
@Admin9705

Catrapazau

Local time
2:09 PM
Sep 19, 2018
I'm getting a diferent error with 8.6.5 but in theory similar

After a fresh install of PGBlizt (a new Ubuntu Server VM and PGBlizt v8.6.5), wen I start the Treafik config it fails. As I close PG the OS indicates that "sudo: unable to resolve host sicklounge"; "dnsdomainname: Name or service not known". Keep in mind that no prior installation of this app was chosen!
After spending 2 days rebuilding the some system over and over, I have come across the some error again and again. It seams when the Treafik config starts it is making changes to file /ect/hostname , as it adds "sicklounge" to this file. Removing this name from the file doesn't solve the problem. If I reboot the OS the name is "forced" again to the some file. Removing and restarting hostname (sudo service hostname restart) doesn't solve it hider!

NOTE:
ufw
80/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
443/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
443/udp ALLOW Anywhere
80/udp ALLOW Anywhere
22/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
80/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
443/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
443/udp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
80/udp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
22/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)

Router
port 80 TCP/UDP to 80
port 443 TCP/UDP to 443

bloodray

Local time
10:09 PM
May 2, 2019
Add me to the list with Traefik/Portainer Error. Traefik all of a sudden (without and update or reboot) has got bad deployment as portainer can't be reach. 404 error. Mine fails at the Portainer check when redploying traefik.

kamos69

Original poster
Donor
Local time
4:09 PM
Apr 22, 2018
Update: My Traefik issue seems to have resolved itself. I suspect I must have hit some threshold or limit which caused the error. The one thing I couldn't figure out was where the Traefik logs are. If someone could post the location I'd appreciate it.

designator09

Local time
9:09 AM
Feb 4, 2019
I put my own dns settings in, I installed the program that keeps the settings on reboot, then got a error about resolving host name, so I added it back under hosts and the hostname.
Then it would almost deploy and yelled at me for doing to much in a week, so I just setup a free domain with duckdns, updated my web oauth with new domain and redeployed and it worked.

Catrapazau

Local time
2:09 PM
Sep 19, 2018
My problems are almost solved!!!

Tried to fix the DNS error
sudo: unable to resolve host sicklounge
dnsdomainname: Name or service not known
by running this command
sudo hostname sicklounge

Every time I've restarted the server the some error pops up. So something was enforcing this change to the /etc/hostname file, so I gave up!!! Did a new installation whit PGBlitz version 8.6.5, and after waiting a full day deploy Traefik. And it successfully deployed!!!
In conclusion, previously Traefic didn't deploy because of the limitation cap!

BUT than I've started to get 404 page not found wen accessing the main and subdomains. Did a second deploy and the error did not get fixed!! Now this is getting manually fixed by changing the traefic.frontend.rule in the portainer Value settings.

Note:
Didn't understand or could fix the DNS error
Didn't understand what made the abnormal deployment of Traefic, but fixing this is easy.

My plan now is getting back to my Hyper V, stopping the VM and make a backup of the vhd so everything is backed up, AND TO NOT INSTALL OR MAKE ANY CHANGE TO IT!!!!

later....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Maintenance Donations

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending