Zigian

Original poster
Local time
9:45 PM
Aug 1, 2018
PG Version
Server Type
Remote - VPS
I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of the "invalid certificate" warning on all of my subdomains.

I haven't found much, but what I have found would suggest that I need to add a TXT record to my namecheap dns. However, I don't know what the TXT record data should be. Is this what I need to do, and if so, where do I find the txt record that is needed to add? I tried adding vBRJPLi5tUUqwyC0e1DgfeRgD7BkV5KzqlQNAuGnWk0 as a txt record, but that didn't seem to do it.

Here is what my Traefik log says. I've replaced MY domain with a domain.tld for privacy.

Code:
time="2018-08-17T08:41:34-05:00" level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"*.domain.tld\" : cannot obtain certificates: acme: Error -> One or more domains had a problem:\n[domain.tld] acme: Error 403 - urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized - Incorrect TXT record \"vBRJPLi5tUUqwyC0e1DgfeRgD7BkV5KzqlQNAuGnWk0\" found at _acme-challenge.domain.tld\n"

time="2018-08-17T09:28:07-05:00" level=error msg="vulcand/oxy/forward/websocket: Error when copying from backend to client: websocket: close 1006 (abnormal closure): unexpected EOF"

time="2018-08-17T09:30:40-05:00" level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"*.domain.tld\" : cannot obtain certificates: acme: Error -> One or more domains had a problem:\n[domain.tld] acme: Error 403 - urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized - No TXT record found at _acme-challenge.domain.tld\n"
---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

And disregard. Guess I didn't wait long enough. I'm assuming that adding that TXT record is what fixed it.

Last edited:

Biny

Local time
9:45 PM
Mar 20, 2018
Go to Cloudflare and sign up (Free) there. Go backwards ot Namecheap and set Cloudflare to be your repository.

Reactions: subse7en
S

subse7en

Seriously cloudflare so your IP is not recorded in DNS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Maintenance Donations

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending