Traefik, SSL, Namecheap | PlexGuide.com

Traefik, SSL, Namecheap

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Zigian

Citizen
Original poster
Aug 1, 2018
I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of the "invalid certificate" warning on all of my subdomains.

I haven't found much, but what I have found would suggest that I need to add a TXT record to my namecheap dns. However, I don't know what the TXT record data should be. Is this what I need to do, and if so, where do I find the txt record that is needed to add? I tried adding vBRJPLi5tUUqwyC0e1DgfeRgD7BkV5KzqlQNAuGnWk0 as a txt record, but that didn't seem to do it.

Here is what my Traefik log says. I've replaced MY domain with a domain.tld for privacy.

Code:
time="2018-08-17T08:41:34-05:00" level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"*.domain.tld\" : cannot obtain certificates: acme: Error -> One or more domains had a problem:\n[domain.tld] acme: Error 403 - urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized - Incorrect TXT record \"vBRJPLi5tUUqwyC0e1DgfeRgD7BkV5KzqlQNAuGnWk0\" found at _acme-challenge.domain.tld\n"

time="2018-08-17T09:28:07-05:00" level=error msg="vulcand/oxy/forward/websocket: Error when copying from backend to client: websocket: close 1006 (abnormal closure): unexpected EOF"

time="2018-08-17T09:30:40-05:00" level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"*.domain.tld\" : cannot obtain certificates: acme: Error -> One or more domains had a problem:\n[domain.tld] acme: Error 403 - urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized - No TXT record found at _acme-challenge.domain.tld\n"
---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

And disregard. Guess I didn't wait long enough. I'm assuming that adding that TXT record is what fixed it.

Last edited:

Biny

Active
Mar 20, 2018
Go to Cloudflare and sign up (Free) there. Go backwards ot Namecheap and set Cloudflare to be your repository.

Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending